Anyone know Jamo j252 or j253 Studio Monitors?

cubby01

aka Buck
Have a pair of one or the other of these coming my way. All I know about them is they are from the 70s, 15" woofers need a refoam, and I can't find much info in english. Anyone know anything about them?

I saw those at the DAV today. I would have picked them up if they wer'nt already sold. They looked very interesting.

Got them. They are Jamo J-252. Heavy suckers.

Image and info from Japanese site:

Woofer: 16" (40.5cm) cone
Midrange: 2" (5cm) dome
High: ~5/8" (1.6cm) × 2 special dome
Frequency: 22Hz ~ 40kHz
Output SPL: 96dB/1.0W/1m
Impedance: 4Ω ~ 8Ω
Input: 150W (continuous) 250W (peak)
Crossover: 650Hz, 5kHz
Internal volume: 118 liters
External" 18.5" x 26.3" x 13" (47cm × 76cm × 330cm)
Weight: 66 lbs (30kg)

The 16" woofer number is including the frame cover ring. My understanding is the woofer is JAMO W-380-1 15 INCH

Still can't find any real user comments.... Anybody, anybody,..Bueller?

j252.JPG

One of jamo's better offerings. Around 1980 the price was about 7200 Dkr. for a pair - around 900 US$
BTW they were never actually used as monitors - that was just the buzzword of those days

Very, very-peculiar-looking (especially the wheels, which I'm assuming meant these were to be toted around a lot, but for what purpose exactly?). I'm itching to know how they sound. They're not powered, are they?

They are passive.
Ps why recone if you can get these Jamo 15" units off PE nearly for free. ;)

Some modelling i've done on these woofers results in a +- 120 liters cabinet, not sure on reflx port size anymore, but you could calculate it in ISDonline...

I loved my pair of Jamo's

I had the model down from these big 15's... Mine had the 12", but the make up was the same. Beautiful speakers! I miss them. I never really wanted to sell them, but a guy offered me 700 for my pair...and I needed the cash at the time. I remember them being the nicest pair of speakers I have owned...and I've owned some nice speakers...

Hello,

I recently purchased Jamo S-252 and needed little renovation. Can anyone tell me where to buy a new rubber or foam around the subwoofer? I'm from Europe.

Sincerely,
Simon

Back
Top Bottom