Hi! New member here with Fisher Statesman III needs help!

Diegoenusa

Hi Guys! I recently came across a nice looking 1963 Fisher Statesman III at a local estate sale so I took it home. I knew that it needed some work but I didn't mind since I enjoy restoring stuff. Unfortunately when I got home I realized that it was missing the main transformer? Basically the 2 wiring harnesses coming out of the radio/master switch are just hanging there on the back of the console. There is not place to connect them.
How hard is it to find a replacement part? Please excuse my ignorance since this is my first tube stereo. I'm in the Metro DC area.
Thanks!

Diego

photo2.jpg

Last edited:
There is one on that auction site though it has been modded for stand alone operation. It should not be a problem to reverse the mods. It looks clean and is on the inexpensive side as there are no tubes in it. I happened to notice it this morning.

Thanks guys! So I'm missing the chassis amp. Learned something new today! I have a feeling this is not going to be cheap!

The amp is a 680A. Tuner is a 490T. 26 tubes/60Watts (total).
Provincial went for $1045. in 1963. It should have a Garrad "A" turntable and a FISHER Model "L" R2R.

Good Score once you get the AMP. clean up everything while you are waiting, get the schematics for the 490 and the 680. Plan on a recap 1st thing.

Larry.

The amp I mentioned was only at about $35. Tubes are not that expensive. I hope this does not cause the thread to get moved. If it could, please just delete this comment; thanks.

I would think if the pin-outs on the connectors are the same and the voltages are same then probably yes although I could be wrong on this.

Larry

CoolJJay, would that 440A amp work on my console?

Its hard to say with out looking at the pin connectors as Larry mentioned. I imagine it could be adapted. I hate to say it but it may be better just to cut your losses with this console and find another one that is complete, if you are looking to get into the console world. I've found 3 fisher consoles so far, 2 where hybrid and one I passed up another I used for parts and the third is in my other room. Now you can also modify that console to except another amp/tuner if you like. I did this with a magnavox on time. But the console world is a horrible rabbit hole to fall down. I just paid a guy 150$ to haul off a huge pile of them. As I progress in the hobby I am moving away from consoles.

Back
Top Bottom