Infinity "Studio Monitor 120" evaluation

guitarjunkie

I might be able to snag a pair of these. Anyone know about these, as in, the are not studio monitors in the sense of JBL 4311's, but might they have sone redeeming qualities?
Thx-
Mike

IIRC these are the Infinitys with black shiny woofers & mids and Polycell tweeters that sounded similar to many Cerwin-Vegas sold at the time (I used to work in a place that sold both lines) i.e. very powerful bass and capable of very high volumes with little power applied, though I thought the Studio's higher frequencies were actually brighter than the Cerwins I heard at the time. Enclosures were not built all that heavily though IMO. Overall, to my ears an "ultra-party" speaker and not something I would have bought when they were new, but if they are cheap enough now I would use them for a casual/secondary system or because of their lively personality, an HT rig.

Decent party speaker and not much else. Certainly not one of Infinity's higher-end, more desirable models.

i've got a pair. for rock and roll speakers, they are great. they will pump out huge amounts of volume with very little power.

there are some easy mods that make them sound a lot better, if you'll search the forums, you'll find several threads on them.

Back
Top Bottom