Nice console system in Elmhurst IL

Status
Not open for further replies.

miniman82

Go Navy!
1655929.jpg

http://www.estatesales.net/estate-sales/123741.aspx

WOW!!! :drool: :drool: :drool:

Wish I still lived in the Chicagoland area! Looks like a very well-to-do household, and the residents had some seriously cool hobbies! Hope an AK'er gets that console!! :yes:

It was still there at 11AM Saturday, asking price was $495 and firm. It looked very nice and was playing FM in stereo. Turntable was gone, but it did include an NAD tape deck and a Yamaha cd changer. I really wasn't interested, just curious. I have no room for that huge console.

It was still there at 11AM Saturday, asking price was $495 and firm. It looked very nice and was playing FM in stereo. Turntable was gone, but it did include an NAD tape deck and a Yamaha cd changer. I really wasn't interested, just curious. I have no room for that huge console.

Did you get models on the amp and tuner? $500 really isn't bad if that's some nice Fisher stuff as the right amp and tuner could bring that alone.
Add in the pretty cab, the speaker drivers and the other two pieces and it's a pretty good deal for a collector.

Last edited:
Was that a factory set up, or something that was put together in the aftermarket. Most of the old console's I remember had the electronic's through top access lid's. Funny market these day's on console's. One forum member had an old 60's Magnavox he was wanting to scrap out for the amp, and another guy in europe was willing to give him good money, and pay to have it shipped over. Hope it survived.

What a crying shame this wasn't posted in the Fisher forum. I would have seen it right away.

Moved.

Last edited:
What a crying shame this wasn't posted in the Fisher forum. I would have seen it right away.

Moved.

man i feel for you... had i known and been able financially it would have been time for a road trip. cannot believe it survived friday so maybe still there, gooood luckkkkkkkkk !!!!

The estate sale bill says that it's a President model.

i seen that after my first post, cannot begin to tell you how hard i have been searching for one of those. this is the first listing i have seen since my search begin 2 years ago, what a unit

It's interesting how they re-used design cues. The tambour doors look like a direct copy from the 58/59 Contemporary models.

i seen that after my first post, cannot begin to tell you how hard i have been searching for one of those. this is the first listing i have seen since my search begin 2 years ago, what a unit

AWWWWWWWW, Enjoy yer Executive(s).:D

Guess that throws TheRED1's theory about all the High End Stuff coming out of the DC Area. DAMN! And it's already been pre-butchered. Hate it when people take out the original stuff and don't keep it handy. If I remove or replace a turntable in a console, it at least gets plastic bagged and inserted inside with a note on the control panel.

Larry

Come on Larry, I did not want to make it about me...

But, I believe I am the one who keeps complaining about all the good stuff coming from DC. I think Red just smiles knowingly :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom