• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Sansui G5700 vs. G33000 - a coupla pics

Dr. Mordo

Doctor of Rockology
I got a broken G5700 for $20 today, and I thought it was funny to compare the two amps. It's hard to convey how massive the G33000 is, and I think this works pretty well. The G5700 is what I would call a standard size receiver. These are pretty big pictures.

Pic 1
Pic 2

I'm trying to figure out how to use the G33000 without getting a dining room table to put it on.
 
Register to hide this ad
That thing's so big, you might have to start with it and build an entire house around it in order to make it fit. :D

Definitely not a bookshelf system component.
 
The 33000 is one impressive receiver. I saw one once at Playback.The salesman wouldn't let me touch it! What did you pay for it if you don't mind me asking?
 
I'd love to get my mits on a 33000. I've never even seen one on person. Looking at your pics though...BY THE GODS! Would you look at the size of the capacitors on that 33000!!!!! I thought my Yamaha CR2020 had coke cans, but that thing has 5 gallon drums!

Yes, you need to build a cabinet around the 33000 and not the other way around. That's what I am going to have to do with my CR2020 and it's 45-50lbs, so the 33000 has to be 1.5 times that. Yup, your going to need a forklift to move it and probably some scaffolding to support it on a shelf and .....LOL!

Congrats!
 
I got a broken G5700 for $20 today, and I thought it was funny to compare the two amps. It's hard to convey how massive the G33000 is, and I think this works pretty well. The G5700 is what I would call a standard size receiver. These are pretty big pictures.

Pic 1
Pic 2

I'm trying to figure out how to use the G33000 without getting a dining room table to put it on.

Nice.......I have often wondered the difference in size. Clearly my area which houses my G-7700 will NOT be big enough when I get my 33000.
But seriously, the best option is split and stack my good man, split and stack.......
 
actually if you enlarge the pic anubis you will see that those are actually torridial transformers. Yes it is dual transformer model reciever.
 
Wow! I had no idea they were that big. I have a g5700 and it's actually a large receiver. Larger than my HK, Nikko or more modern stuff.

Thanks for the comparison, really cool!
 
Could you move that G33000 a little to the left, my monitor is tilting... any small planets circling that thing?:yikes:
 
I am a bit off-topic,but can see that you are interested in G-series.
Here's a smaller brother,G-22K.
I have not seen better pictures on the web jet.Congratulations to Mr. Wojtek from Poland.:thmbsp:
Since pictures are in high-resolution (large),I did the job for you :D
Enjoy

6.jpg


5.jpg


4.jpg


1.jpg


12.jpg


11.jpg


10.jpg


9.jpg


8.jpg


7.jpg


3.jpg


13.jpg


13.jpg


regards,
Robert
 
It looks like "undocking" would yield a pair of extraordinarily wide components, worsening the problem. :scratch2:
 
The 33000 is one impressive receiver. I saw one once at Playback.The salesman wouldn't let me touch it! What did you pay for it if you don't mind me asking?

I paid $100. Then I paid $800 to get it fixed. It blew a fuse in the power amp before I bought it. I replaced the fuse (with the correct rated fuse) and it REALLY blew the fuse in the power amp. When the repair guy got it apart, it had actually caught fire and melted one of the PCBs a little. Fortunately, it was a area of the PCB with few components on it, so it was relatively easy to work around. $800 was to repair and recap the power amp, and clean the preamp controls.

I could take it apart, but I think it's much cooler to keep it together. I also don't want to just stick it on a shelf - I want to display it. So I'm planning on building a very deep 3 shelf record holding rack so I can put the 33000 on top.

Those are great pics of the 22000. I plan to try to get some nice pics of my 33000 once I get it set up. I'll post them, of course.

I must say, the size of the 33000 presents a problem, but it's a nice problem to have.
 
Back
Top Bottom