1965 executive pics

chefg1

Finally got pics but some didnt come out so well, but anyway here's my 1965 executive very good condition.:thmbsp:

Attachments

• DSCF0005.jpg
    DSCF0005.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 67
  • DSCF0004.jpg
    DSCF0004.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 38
  • DSCF0006.jpg
    DSCF0006.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 35
  • DSCF0003.jpg
    DSCF0003.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 34
Using a flash would brighten them up a bit. OR MORE Lighting in the room. The only one I could make out is the 1st one of the control panel. The panel itself is identical to my FUTURA VI.
100_1659.jpg

This is the one with the Frozen Balance, BASS and TREBLE Controls?

Have you tried to lift the Tuner/amp out yet??? The following removal is based on the FUTURA, but MAY be applicable for the Executive. Get a LONG FLAT BLADE SCREW DRIVER and a DEEP either 3/8 or 7/16" Socket, a 6" extension and a Ratchet.

Go in thru the back, about 1/2 to 2/3 of the way up on the chassis should be 2 thru bolts/screws. They aren't identical so dont get them mixed up. Disconnect all cables, wires, cords (mark each one with masking tape and a marker or pen.)

LIFT THE CONTROL PANEL STRAIGHT UP, until it clears the cabinet. It may or may NOT have a bottom cover. Flip it over on it's back, and spray DeOxit D-5 into each of the pots. There is a slot where the leads connect to each. If the pot rotates, rotate it back and forth thru its FULL RANGE about 50 times, spray again lightly.

Pull the knobs off the pots and remove the face plate after loosening 2-3 1/2" nuts. Clean the Faceplate with Water/Ammonia (1 part ammonia/4 parts water), and a soft cloth. BE VERY CAREFUL WITH THE LETTERING(NUMBERS) ON THE DIAL.

If the POTS are Stuck, get a can of PB BLASTER at the Auto Store. Spray this on the SHAFT FROM THE FRONT with the SHAFT POINTING UP! DO NOT GET ANY INSIDE!!!!! Let sit for a 1/2 hour or so. With a knob on the shaft try and rotate the shaft CAREFULLY! DON'T Exert a Lot of Force. If you can't getthe shaft to rotate, spray again and let sit overnight. Repeat until the shaft rotates. Once it does, drip some 3 in 1 oil in the shaft from the front. Rotate until smooth as you can get it.

De-Oxit AGAIN the pots that have been freed up to remove the PB Blaster that seeped in from the front.

De-Oxit the Push Switches for FM/AM/PHONO/AUX/ TAPE MONITOR/High Filter/Stereo/Mono.

Clean all the RCA Connectors.

Re-assemble. Hook up all cables, and enjoy.

Larry

Last edited:
sweet! is this full tube or the hybrid model with tube preamp and aa power amp? id love to see its gutz!!

The Futura and Executive both are hybrids. However from what I can gather from the op's description in 3 different threads, the Executive MAY be a combined, all in one unit (ie: receiver).
FUTURA TUNER
100_1063.jpg

FUTURA AMP
100_1065.jpg

Larry

Back
Top Bottom