Accuphase t-101 tuner

T

twintwelve1484

Got one of these on a thrift run at lunchtime...nice!

Anyone got info?

Nope, you dont' dare ask! :)

Power cord is missing. Not a big deal.

looks like a goodun!

orion says,

ACCUPHASE TUNER, T-101 KENSONIC
Description:
Manufacture Years: 1974 - 1981
Additional Information:
Retail
MSRP: $500.00
USED: $375.00

bolly said:
orion says,

ACCUPHASE TUNER, T-101 KENSONIC
Description:
Manufacture Years: 1974 - 1981
Additional Information:
Retail
MSRP: $500.00
USED: $375.00

Sa-weet! Pays the bills! :)

375 is for one in top condition and I mean Top. Mine was purchased in "thrift store" condition from another AK member for 175.00.

Well, if this one WORKS like it LOOKS, it's a total winner. It's literally spotless. Like it just came off of a showroom shelf.

So what's so darn special about it? It weighs half a ton. It's Solid State, isnt it?

I'm goin on heresay, but Accuphase is supposed to be great stuff

OK then, I guess you'll just have to give her to me. I'll pay shipping, of course! :D

Here is a bit of info. http://www.fmtunerinfo.com/reviewsA-N.html#accuphase
$375 is towards the high-end of the normal range, so you shouldn't be unsettled, if it works well. Also, google up Accuphase and read what they have in their archive. You should be able to download the manual for free. Nice units. Congrats and welcome to the world of FM Tuner madness (have five and am always looking for more). You might also enjoy http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FMtuners/. Is the forum run by the folks who bring us the webiste listed above. Very knowledgeable forum. Many 'techie' engineering types over there who do some strange, but interesting things FM-wise. Also lots of info on the state of the FM broadcast world. PunkerX, listed as 'Radio X' in the advertising at the end of each page, is the resident tuner guru here. Nice unit!! Enjoy.

Last edited:
In stock form one of my favorite tuners... Haven't mod'ed one yet. Hope the lamps work a real pain in the butt to change, the engineers must have thought they would never burn out.

X

ALL lamps work. Everything seems to work fine. I've got it down in the band room right now, going into a NAD int amp that I'm using as a preamp to feed a big pair of bridged mono NADY (actually Crest Audio) power amps that run my rehearsal PA and serve as monitor amps on stage when I gig. It sounds absolutely fantastic. I thought my Pioneer TX-600 was nice, but this thing takes the cake. All those thoughts of insane profits are sort of retreating into my muddled brain.

Pics!

That's one heck of a score, congrats!!!

Kensonic Laboratory was started by a former Kenwood engineer in the early 70s. The units are gorgeous with glass epoxy PCBs and all modular construction. This was the first serious Japanese attempt to compete with McIntosh.

The first Accuphase gear was distributed here by TEAC. Needless to say, it received glowing reviews in the press.

Oh man, an Accuphase in a thrift store, unbelievable!!!

Yep, this one is marked on the back "Distributed by TEAC" or something like that.

And at a GOODWILL of all places. This GW has been good to me...but I have to be persistent and hit it every single day just before noon.

Got this, that Marantz receiver I've spoken of, a beautiful Onkyo cassette deck with all the trimmings, a nice PL-512 table, Koss CM-10's (I think that's the right model), Sansui SP1500's, JBL R103's and enough vinyl to open a shower curtain factory.

Persistance, young Grasshopper. To do well at thrifts, you have to go regularly. Funny, I see some of the same faces every day, all looking for their particular chosen thing. Fortunately (for now), I'm the only audio guy.

twintwelve1484 said:
.... All those thoughts of insane profits are sort of retreating into my muddled brain.

Pics!

very nice score!!!
ahhh, vintage fever has got to you.....keep it and enjoy it for a while! :thmbsp:

Yeah, I know what you mean. My best scores in thrifts thus far: a mint Marantz 4400 quad receiver, a Nakamichi 670ZX 3 head job, a SX-850 also mint and my beloved Sansui SR-838 table.

I try to hit the thrifts at least twice a day...

Really! Really! Nice hit!! Though not an import lover since the construction always seems less than I like, the early Accuphase and Luxman stuff always caught my eye and interest. As for the Mc competition, it was the 1st to really try to take Mc on on Mc's terms and showed the world the Rolls Royce of audio could be competed against. SAE's very 1st units also did this. Sadly, none of them had the staying power and Mc once again rose above the crowd.

Yeah, particularly with SAE. They started off SO strong. By the time they got to the SAE TWO phase, it was a sad and sorry state of affairs.

I owned an SAE TWO integrated amp and it was a steaming pile of the most revolting feces imaginable. The outputs blew if you looked at it funny. I think I replaced them something like 20 some times before I finally threw it on a bonfire on a hot summer night in disgust, and danced around it maniacally.

Back
Top Bottom