Ever heard of Electra speakers?

Junknewbian

There is a pair of vintage Electra ED40-10D speakers at store near me. They look to be early 70's and very well-built, and in pretty decent condition for sure. I can't remove the grills, so I can't tell what the configuration is, or if any of the speakers are blown.

A web search seems to indicate they may be from Japan and probably decent, but I would love to know a little more about any Electra speakers. Thanks for any input you can add.

Sorry, my phone doesn't have a camera so I'll try to go back with my regular camera. I won't try to describe them, as anything I write will describe half the speakers ever built - 2 feet tall, wood-grain, black cloth grill - recognize them?

As far as I know, Electra belongs to the same Japanese family tree, as Coral & Calrad.

Steve

Coral and Calrad are pretty decent right? I'll do some research on them, but I think I remember Coral made their own drivers. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks for the leads, so far, guys.

I associate Electra with early 70's Japanese econo-gear, such as Electrophonic and such.
Is there a metal band going around the grille cloth and a RCA jack or permanently attached wire for it's connection?
Some of these had decent full-range drivers in them, so they may bear further investigation.

Some of the Coral full range drivers go for big $$$ on flea-bay.
I've also been quite fond of their Alnico horn tweeters.
Much of their line, IMO, is fairly.....er.....humble.

Steve

Back
Top Bottom