• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Goodmans/Lafayette SK-212, Anybody Familiar?

waynebaker

New Member
Unusual Cabs, Goodmans/Lafayette SK-212

I own a pair of these in the original cabinets. The drivers appear to be built by Goodmans and labeled Lafayette. 8" ...Triaxiom?

There is only the one speaker in each cab, bass reflex/porting underneath. The cabinets are designed where you have to open the lid to let the HF reflect out.

I am hoping to find more info on the drivers and the cabinets. Any help is mucho appreciated!
 

Attachments

  • 100_1524.jpg
    100_1524.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 73
  • 100_1522.jpg
    100_1522.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 53
  • 100_1510.jpg
    100_1510.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 72
  • 100_1519.jpg
    100_1519.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 75
  • 100_1515.jpg
    100_1515.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 39
  • 100_1513.jpg
    100_1513.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
Nice. They are odd cabinets - early WAF accommodation no doubt.

HF-81 too. Have you done anything to it or is it mostly original? I have one in dire need of a re-build.
 
I have not done anything to my HF81, other than some deoxit. It could probably use a good tune up, but it always seems to play fine after it warms up. I don't use it regularly, tho I should.
 
Last edited:
I have a set of SK-15s and really love them. The 15"s fetch a fair amount of money, dont know about the 12"s.

I havent tryed them with tubes yet, but I am looking forward to hearing them with tubes:music:

One thing I noticed with mine, the speakers need to be at ear level or alot of detail is lost. The cabs were not made that way so they look goofy standing on end. I am thinking about building a back loading folded horn cabinet for them.
 

Attachments

  • 212422188-L.jpg
    212422188-L.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 25
Well, I tried them with tubes and it was like night and day from the ss Pioneer. They sound really good! I will do some critical listening later when I'm alone and decide if I will keep them or not. The highs were a lot better than I was expecting.

Yes, its a strange cabinet, I've not found anything like them online yet.

The speakers in mine are 8", not 12", but the model # is SK212.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom