Audiodon's systems

audiodon

Addicted Member
Hi,
Ok, I'll play.

###watch the end of this thread for changes###9/2015

I never thought I'd get this far, but perseverance, time, and timing has made it possible. Usually that Fisher 500-C is the power system, but I thought I'd try the new piece. I really will need a preamp with a phono section before I can leave the masterpiece in though.

The cat's about to come out of the bag anyway on my recent purchase.

Here's my living room setup:

Thorens TD126 MkII turntable in custom made base
attachment.php

SME 3009 MkIII tonearm with Shure V15Vmr cartridge. You'd think it's dirty from the picture.

attachment.php

I use a Lexicon RT-10 universal player for digital stuff. I got the rack on Craigslist. There's a Monster power conditioner on the bottom, also from craigslist. The interconnects are Canare coax cables I make myself. The speaker wires are Nordost Blue Heaven.

attachment.php

This is the GoldenPath audio Citation II Masterpiece amp. I've shown it with two covers. The wooden one is more recognizable from the thread in the tube forum on it.
Redboy Preamp

attachment.php

Spendor Sub-3

attachment.php

Spendor BC-1s
FurnitureGuy speaker stands.

attachment.php

Attachments

• livingroom7.jpg
    livingroom7.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 9,830
  • livingrmcartridge.jpg
    livingrmcartridge.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 9,340
  • rackeyeview.jpg
    rackeyeview.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 9,445
  • livingroom4.jpg
    livingroom4.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 9,404
  • livingroom8.jpg
    livingroom8.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 9,673
  • livingroom2.jpg
    livingroom2.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 10,196
Last edited:
Uh. No. I'm shedding some pieces, but I'll be keeping the stuff from the top of the food chain . . . especially the Fisher stuff I'm so fond of.

I bought the Citation II to see what true excellence sounds and looks like. GoldenPath's gear is the real deal. I'll talk about it in a thread in the tube forum when I have the wherewithall.

I'm a sucker for those BBC reference type speakers Jack. Nothing finer.

Last edited:
I was kidding of course..

btw, that is one serious chunk of rock under the turntable. very nice indeed

Last edited:
Beautiful gear as always Don.

The 500C looks so sad and alone in that last picture though.

I can attest that listening to Audiodon's system is a real joy. The TV room ain't bad, either...

Nice setup, I really like that SME arm. I'd like to build an Empire 208 with one of those someday. I didn't know you had that nice Citation II amp! :D That's a beauty.

Your 500C is a fine example, still has the little "75 Watts" sticker, I see.

Now somebody told me how to paste the pictures into the thread so they show. How do you do that again?

Just open up the pictures you attached so that they show in a new tab. Copy the URL of the picture, and click on edit post. There's a little icon in the advanced edit that shows "Insert Image", paste the pic URL there, and your image is attached. Make sure you place the cursor where you want the pic to show in your post.

Beautiful looking setup you have there Don:thmbsp:. Sorry I didn't get a chance to hear it last week when we were up your way.
What's the story on your Citation? Is that a new amp? Have you done any mods to it?

Beautiful gear as always Don.

The 500C looks so sad and alone in that last picture though.

I have to agree with RossW in his observation on the 500C. :)
However, gorgeous looking and sounding, I am sure. Loving that Citation!

Ok, here's how the rack usually looks.
This Fisher 500-C is the usual power system. It has the advantage of having a switch to go between two pairs of speakers.
I've recently refinished the cabinet.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Fisherinrack.jpg
    Fisherinrack.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 1,253
  • fisher500c.jpg
    fisher500c.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 2,023
  • fishercabinet.jpg
    fishercabinet.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 1,319
Last edited:
The speaker cables are Nordost Blue Heavens.

According to the condescendi, they're the "value leader" in better Nordost cables.
I got a deal on 'em used because they're four meters long. I needed that with the 'lectronics not being the center of attraction, but with the fireplace being the center of attraction.

Are they better? . . . your mileage will vary. I've become fond of silver plated copper though, which these are. They seem to offer the best of both worlds.

I've mulled over putting the one to the far speaker under the rug after I empty and repaint the room this summer. That is the cool thing about flat cables. They do hide under rugs well.

Back
Top Bottom