Craigslist Philharmonic, I went and bought it.

chillywilly

Picked up this 67 Philharmonic yesterday.
It has a Garrard AT60 MKII. The MKII has cueing. Something lacking in my AT60s and Dual 1009s. So that was enough of a reason for me to get it.
The cabinet wood is in pretty nice shape. Although I'm not a big fan of the Early American style.

The young guy selling it moved furniture as a side job. He ended up with it somehow. He said he was using it as a TV stand for a while. After I turned it on and got some music going he was kicking himself for not using it.

Sound was weak on the right channel. I pulled the chassis and squirted the balance pot and speaker selector switch. I dropped my new can of contact cleaner. Broke the nozzle thing. The whole can emptied. Bummer. It's the second time I've done that. But hey, the right side now works.
Took the Garrard out to remove the hardened grease on the mechanism. Put in a spare AT60 for now.

But ya know, this thing teeny. Way smaller than my Futura or Statesman. The back is just a piece of pegboard. No speaker enclosures. I if wonder if stuffing some foam behind the drivers would help the sound?

Had the single play spindle and 2 mounting clips in a sealed plastic bag in the record compartment.

Attachments

• philharmonic 001.jpg
    philharmonic 001.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 54
  • philharmonic 003.jpg
    philharmonic 003.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 77
  • philharmonic 004.jpg
    philharmonic 004.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 46
  • philharmonic 005.jpg
    philharmonic 005.jpg