• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

Luxman R-115 CD Straight

rshadley

Active Member
I know this subject has been talked about here before but have not really received a difintive awnser on the CD straight button. I'am asking Luxman owners with a working R-113, R-115 or R 117 to chime in here. On my R-115 the CD striaght button does not effect tone control or loudness. It does however effect the balance knob and selector inputs. I have deoxed the switch and replaced the CD straight indicator lamp with a 6 volt .25 amp lamp thinking this was part of the signal loop. No effect. Should the CD straight button effect the tone controls and loudness. Sweet Receiver and all other functios work as they should.
 
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
That's precisley how the CD direct when engaged operates on the R-115. It bypasses the input selector, filtering and processing, any dubbing functions and the balance. The tone and loudness controls remain in the path.
 
Bingo, thats the answer I was looking for.

I will solder in the cd straight indicator lamp, button her up and enjoy!!

Thanks for your fast response. I was just about to buy a gallon of deoxit and get to work on the CD straights switch!
 
Your welcome :thmbsp:

Typically the tone gets bypassed as well on CD direct type features but don't forget that there is a seperate tone defeat function in this case.
 
On page 10 of the R-115 service manual is a block diagram. OverLoad is correct, the CD Straight button brings the signal into the path post input switching and balance; and pre loudness, volume, flat amp, and tone control. IMO an unnecessary feature, as the input switch and balance pot would introduce zero (or near zero) distortion into the audio signal.
 
Doesn't make sense to me either, I would think that you would want to bypass it all for a cd straight function but the green light looks groovy
 
I think more specifically the CD Direct bypasses the preamp's IC chip. IIRC, the stuff that turns off is run through the chip.
 
Back
Top Bottom