Audiokarma.org
Audiokarma Featured Sponsor

Go Back   AudioKarma.org Home Audio Stereo Discussion Forums > DIY


We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-20-2011, 08:53 AM
komi's Avatar
komi komi is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 315
Pass F5 Settima parte ! [Pics updated ]

Testing ... 2 days for now, is about time for final-last bias !

More pics are on the way ...


































... btw, just ordered parts for DCB1 HotRoded !

But, will solder when i come back from FLA vacation !

Last edited by komi; 05-24-2011 at 09:53 AM. Reason: Added new photos !
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-20-2011, 09:44 AM
Machineghost's Avatar
Machineghost Machineghost is offline
Ghost in the machine
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Lydenburg, South Africa
Posts: 915
Mmm - lookin good!
__________________
Machineghost - Let the music speak. Author of "Deep cleaning an amplifier" >> http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=258899
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-20-2011, 10:33 AM
Detailman's Avatar
Detailman Detailman is offline
Addicted to tweaking
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Daytona Bch. Fl area
Posts: 2,142
Beautiful work.

But please let us know what you think of the sound.

I just received a kit in the mail a few minutes ago but I've got some dispute with the seller.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-20-2011, 11:39 AM
komi's Avatar
komi komi is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 315
Sound is amazing .. i mean - really, i hear A LOT of diferent amps in my 49 years of life and that one i in the top of the list ...

Sure - it deserved good preamp too, but i am working on it ..

Is here to stay here ... :-)
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-20-2011, 12:03 PM
RayW's Avatar
RayW RayW is offline
Parrothead with a badge
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Shawnee Nat'l Forest of IL
Posts: 17,723
Beautiful work!
__________________
You can find me where the music meets the ocean
If you get the notion
Stop on by and play a while
-Zac Brown
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
  #6  
Old 05-20-2011, 01:12 PM
OverLoad's Avatar
OverLoad OverLoad is offline
High On Solder Fumes
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,314
I think you have a screw loose




Very nice workmanship
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-20-2011, 01:38 PM
ejfud's Avatar
ejfud ejfud is offline
Audio Pinhead
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: St Paul, MN
Posts: 5,326
Stunning work!
__________________
Gary

i jam econo.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-20-2011, 02:26 PM
komi's Avatar
komi komi is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 315
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverLoad View Post
I think you have a screw loose




Very nice workmanship
Yeah, you are right, is old preamp, also DIY, but i am not using anymore ...
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-20-2011, 06:53 PM
Detailman's Avatar
Detailman Detailman is offline
Addicted to tweaking
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Daytona Bch. Fl area
Posts: 2,142
Quote:
Originally Posted by komi View Post
Sound is amazing .. i mean - really, i hear A LOT of diferent amps in my 49 years of life and that one i in the top of the list ...

Sure - it deserved good preamp too, but i am working on it ..

Is here to stay here ... :-)
Have you tried passive pre style?

Could be good if there is enough gain in the amp.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-20-2011, 11:47 PM
komi's Avatar
komi komi is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 315
No !

I am about to build DCB1 - actualy, i have all 3 boards - clasic B1 buffer, i got me also Hyphonize and Mezmerize, and i will prolly solder all 3 and pick one i like the best for F5 ...

Clasic B1 buffer will go for DIY tuner http://bygselvhifi.dk/tuner6h30.htm cuz i dont like tubes ...

And one of buffers with shunt wil go on F5 another on PC ...

I am looking for diferent oprions for volume controll - several diferent relay volumes but one thing keep me going back and looking @ http://www.partsconnexion.com/conrto...or_khozmo.html

http://www.khozmo.com/products_dale_ladder.html

I got me buld AMBLABs DAC, ready to go inside preamp and also Headphone amp ...

And i have a lot of new solder and Soldering tips ... LoL ... and ILLY coffee ...
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
  #11  
Old 05-21-2011, 12:06 AM
komi's Avatar
komi komi is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 315
IF we survive "THAT" http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/1495...uake-new-z.htm

Where is the limit of people stupidity ?
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 05-21-2011, 03:35 AM
AaronM's Avatar
AaronM AaronM is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Posts: 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by komi View Post
IF we survive "THAT" http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/1495...uake-new-z.htm

Where is the limit of people stupidity ?
it's 8:30pm local time here in NZ, I think we're safe

happy soldering, lovely amp!
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 05-21-2011, 10:28 AM
Detailman's Avatar
Detailman Detailman is offline
Addicted to tweaking
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Daytona Bch. Fl area
Posts: 2,142
Quote:
Originally Posted by komi View Post
No !

I am about to build DCB1 - actualy, i have all 3 boards - clasic B1 buffer, i got me also Hyphonize and Mezmerize, and i will prolly solder all 3 and pick one i like the best for F5 ...

Clasic B1 buffer will go for DIY tuner http://bygselvhifi.dk/tuner6h30.htm cuz i dont like tubes ...

And one of buffers with shunt wil go on F5 another on PC ...

I am looking for diferent oprions for volume controll - several diferent relay volumes but one thing keep me going back and looking @ http://www.partsconnexion.com/conrto...or_khozmo.html

http://www.khozmo.com/products_dale_ladder.html

I got me buld AMBLABs DAC, ready to go inside preamp and also Headphone amp ...

And i have a lot of new solder and Soldering tips ... LoL ... and ILLY coffee ...

Those look like good quality attenuators but alittle pricey.

I tried to find link for you on e-bay with no success but search for stepped attentuator and you will find some Chinese that are not too shabby and cheap enough that you can experiment with different types or values.

I've had a couple and while maybe not high line they are pretty decent.

Keep up the good work.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 05-21-2011, 11:04 AM
komi's Avatar
komi komi is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 315
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detailman View Post
Those look like good quality attenuators but alittle pricey.

I tried to find link for you on e-bay with no success but search for stepped attentuator and you will find some Chinese that are not too shabby and cheap enough that you can experiment with different types or values.

I've had a couple and while maybe not high line they are pretty decent.

Keep up the good work.
Well, i think 180 bucks is not too bad, i really like mechanical part and solid construction - also, 48 steps ahould make a smooth movement ...
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 05-21-2011, 11:38 PM
cdfac's Avatar
cdfac cdfac is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Iowa City
Posts: 5,767
Hypnotize DC-B1
__________________
Speakers: Pioneer SP-BS22, DIY Alpha Zephyr
Preamp: Stax CA-X
Amps: Stax DA-80, Yamaha PC-5002M
Sources: Sony CDP-X779ES, Technics SL-1300
Cables: Vampire Wire
Wife: Ridiculously understanding!
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:25 AM.



Friends of Audiokarma
We appreciate your help in keeping this site going.
Black Swamp Audio
Organ Donor Parts
Sonneteer
 
Sound Stage Direct
Parts Connexion
AudioClassics
Atlantic Systems
AV Solutions
Take Five Audio
Tone Arm Audio
Audio Salon
Musical Paradise
Audience AV
Classic Sound Repair
Simply Speakers
McIntosh Cabinets
BD Enterprise
Cabledyne
Howard Products
BOI Audio Works
FM DX Antenna
Amplifiedparts
Siliconray
RSL Speakers
Vinyl Magic Record Cleaner
Salk Sound
Grant Fidelity
Urban Antigue Radio
Yesterday's Audio
Many Moons Audio
DeWick Repairs
The Tube Store
Vintage Electronics Repair
Audio Doctor
Politicalchat.org
MCM Electronics
Antique Radio Classifieds
Herbies Audio Lab
Videokarma.org
   
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
ęCopyright 2002-2014 AudioKarma.org, All rights reserved.