UofMTiger's Den

uofmtiger

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
I made some changes to my setup, so I thought I would post some pics.

Here is the list of stuff being utilized in the system:
Denon 4311ci Receiver
Emotiva UPA-1 mono blocks
Monitor Audio RS6, LCR, and RSFX speakers
Samsung PN63B590 63-Inch 1080p
Sony PS3
Oppo 980H universal DVD player
Nintendo Wii
Monster Reference PowerCenter HTS 3500 MKII
Project Debut III Turntable
Bellari VP129 tube amp
Project Speed Box II
Elemental Designs A2-300 sub
Panasonic DMP-BDT100 Bluray Player
Coolerguys cabinet fans
AppleTV2
EyeTV HD
Ethernet router

Below is a pic of the Denon using Airplay to stream from my mini:

large.jpg

Below is a shot with the doors open:
large.jpg

The mac mini's screensaver with album art:

large.jpg

i love the airport express to DAC setup. I'm assuming you control that via ipad or iphone/ipod touch. overall wonderful setup.

Very Nice! Clean and great equipment. Love the MA`s.

Thank you, I love them, too.

i love the airport express to DAC setup. I'm assuming you control that via ipad or iphone/ipod touch. overall wonderful setup.
Yes, I have a couple Airport express units and AppleTV2s around the house for streaming from my iPad or computers. With Airplay, the iPad/iPhone will actually send the signal from the Mac Mini or from most of the iPad's audio apps wirelessly to the airport express/AppleTVs. I really like the way I can choose to play music all over the house, or just in the room I am in.

Below is a pic of my bedroom setup that also uses an airport express (I mainly use ATH AD700 headphones with this setup). It feeds a Little_Dot DAC1 that has two outputs. One goes to a Denon 3808ci receiver in the room (I still need to get pics of this setup) and the other goes to the Little Dot MKIII headphone amp. The headphone amp also has outputs that feed a Super Sonic Impact/Realistic HP-100 Electrostat headphone setup (I will attach a pic of that setup, too):

original.jpg

large.jpg

Impressive gear! I just picked up a small pair of Monitor Audio speakers, and they're pretty impressive. Yours must be unbelievable!

Impressive gear! I just picked up a small pair of Monitor Audio speakers, and they're pretty impressive. Yours must be unbelievable!
Thanks. I have also seen some of the bookshelf MAs and they interest me, as well.

My home office seems to be the one that changes the most. I still plan on mounting the 42 inch LCD and pulling a pair of my NHT SB2s from my bedroom setup (I am using them as surrounds and hardly ever listen to anything other than 2 channel in the bedroom) and putting them in the office, too.

Here is a pic of the Marantz 2220B that I use to feed a pair of Insignia speakers:

large.jpg

Here are the Insignia Speakers and a T-amp that I use on occasion (I have a speaker selector switch so I can choose the Marantz or T-amp as the source:

original.jpg

A pic of both monitors. You can also see the mac mini I use as a source in this shot. You may also notice a Logitech Z-680 set of speakers. I use these for gaming and movies.

large.jpg

In the shot below you can also see the Marantz and my Yammy 5 disc univeral.

original.jpg

This one shows the stuff I mainly use for music in this room... DacMagic, Heed Canamp and K701 headphones:

original.jpg

My bedroom setup

Looks like you're set up for listening all around the house.

Nice.
I have a few more small setups... an iPod Touch/Pure i20 dock/ Super T-amp/Presidian speakers in the kitchen, a Radio Shack Accurian amp and outdoor Insignia speakers in the sunroom (usually use my iPhone for the source), and a few portable setups. However, I have never gotten around to taking those shots and probably won't.

However, I did get a picture of my current bedroom setup. The setup is mainly equipment that was in my main system and has been replaced for one reason or another. The Nintendo and Xbox aren't currently hooked up, so I am not sure if I will be leaving them in the setup or not.

I moved my Sony HD Tuner to the bedroom (sitting on top of the Xbox) and use it quite a bit for the local jazz channel. However, I have been messing around with internet radio and found a few that play 256kbps and higher bitrates. Denon makes it easy because they have a website for Vtuner channels that gives the bitrate. The Linn Jazz channel in this pic does 320kbps: (sorry for the overhead lights reflecting off the screen)

large.jpg

I mainly use my Airport Express to feed a signal into my Little Dot Dac_1 that I have pictured in this thread and then use its RCA outputs to feed my Denon receiver. However, on occasion, I will just fire up my Apple TV2 and listen to music:

large.jpg

The setup is currently for surround with 4 NHT SB2s, a NHT SC1, and a Polk Audio PSW111 sub behind the chair. However, I mainly use it for 2 channel music.

BTW I also have my Realistic headphone setup in the shot. I have the headphones hanging from the lamp.

Back
Top Bottom