Realistic STA-2000D receiver ...

I had an STA-2000 for quite a while. It was definitely a solid piece of equipment.

DC offset R/ 7.2 Mv , L/ 26.8 Mv

Protection or speaker relay clicks closed fast when powered up.

Looking good so far.

Thanks,
John.:music::D

Need to repair the wood panels and clean her up.

I have one in need of side panel repair too. I found some old solid hardwood table leafs in my basement that were used as shelves. They are about 3/4" thick. I took a belt sander to them and they cleaned up nicely. I'm not sure of what type of wood they are but the grain looks cool. They are going to be the new side panels. I'll post pics when done.

I bought mine new in 1979 and it still works with some minor issues like the left channel dropping out now and again.

attachment.php

Attachments

• STA2000D.jpg
    STA2000D.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 792
I bought mine new in 1979 and it still works with some minor issues like the left channel dropping out now and again.

attachment.php

Looks great! Want to sell me the 2 knobs I need..LOL.

I have to fix the broken volume control shaft and the selector switch shaft.

Having fun,

Thanks,

From what I can tell, the Realistic sta-2000 has a very tubby sound...I don't know how else to describe it....it's got tons of low end power and the bass is very full and I almost have to lower the bass controls just to get a bit of neutral sound. The receiver definitely likes the lower frequencies and many times this biased sound sounds awesome.

From what I can tell, the Realistic sta-2000 has a very tubby sound...I don't know how else to describe it....it's got tons of low end power and the bass is very full and I almost have to lower the bass controls just to get a bit of neutral sound. The receiver definitely likes the lower frequencies and many times this biased sound sounds awesome.

I picked one up awhile ago, just hooked it up to my OLadvents and found the same thing. Tons of low end base. Seems to have plenty of power for just 75 watt/ch.

I'm becoming an old school Realistic fan :thmbsp:

http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=377154

I have one in need of side panel repair too. I found some old solid hardwood table leafs in my basement that were used as shelves. They are about 3/4" thick. I took a belt sander to them and they cleaned up nicely. I'm not sure of what type of wood they are but the grain looks cool. They are going to be the new side panels. I'll post pics when done.

Sounds like a great idea for a fix. Waiting to see how yours turned out.

Thanks,

I am thinking of replacing my KR-7200 with this receiver, only (1) phono input on the 2000d. Would have to use the AUX for the other TT.

Thanks,

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom