My Carpeted DIY RCM (Vinyl Vac)

thevinylking

An MP3s Worst Nightmare
This is my RCM that was about 3 days in the works, now completely de-bugged. It features a 7 amp vacuum motor (0.8 amps less than the VPI Typhoon) Its a manual drive now but I'm going to motorize it when i find the right motor at the right price. The Whole thing cost me about 7$ (for the toggles) I had everything else on hand! She does a great job at cleanin' discs and kills nearly all the rice krispies, And I think thats pretty damn good for 7$ instead of 500$ for a VPI of Keith Monks. Even though its not as stylish or cabineted as the nicer ones on here, it gets the job done nicely and its CARPETED! (I needed something to do with all my extra carpet and it actually muffled the vac sound a bit) Hope you guys enjoy, and that it might be of some inspiration to somebody

-Chuck

Attachments

• DSCN8498.jpg
    DSCN8498.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 834
  • DSCN8500.jpg
    DSCN8500.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 767
  • DSCN8497.jpg
    DSCN8497.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 891
  • DSCN8499.jpg
    DSCN8499.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 628
More things in this world should be carpeted. Like the beach, for instance. Hate the sand!
Well done getting the rice bubbles out of the mix.

thanks for adding me to the consolidation thread

And I thought about putting carpet on the inside, but then i remembered how many flammable chemicals are in carpeting, and with the heat of the motor and the possibility of sparks...i decided against it

Just out of curiosity, are you worried about dirt being held by the carpet and somehow making it's way to the records?

Back
Top Bottom