who?

secretsenor

Standard SR-157 SE, stereo integrated amplifier
Description: Vintage midi-sized amplifier. Made in Japan
Features: 12 watt per channel. Inputs: Phono (magnetic & crystal), Tuner, Aux/CD, Tape (in/out) DIN. Outputs: One pair of speakers, Headphones. AC & DC protections. Voltage selector: 117/240 volt

Anyone ever heard of this brand?

Saw that one listed, i assume I'm looking at the same thing.
Interesting the seller lists it as "Condition: Good, little usage wear" when it is plain to see that the on/off switch has been used (and missed) many times, and around the volume knob.
Have just finished restoring an old Jorgen A-444 amp. Probably a very similar thing, certainly in specs. The Jorgen has a few more bells, but is is pretty crude inside. Does now sound quite good.
I also saw up the road an Expo brand amp go for about $11, don't have the specs for that one with me at the moment, but I do remember that it was similar wattage as that Standard, but 4 channel, it's distortion was around the 0.1 to 0.2% for a low level output which doesn't sound great.
There seems to be many cheap little amps made around this time in Japan with various names stuck on them, Phodis was another one I have seen lately.
In short, haven't heard of it, but then neither might other people, so like the Expo it may stay low.
Cheers
Tony

Standard Radio was bought out by Superscope to make Marantz (and Superscope) electronics in Japan in the late 60's. However, their product was primarily low to middle of the line.

Yes...early Marantz...my friend have one...

standard1.jpg

Last edited:
Yes...early Marantz...my friend have one...

standard1.jpg

That's right and it even came with a good looking tuner;

sr157sw.jpg

It is heading for my teenage daughter's room substituting ... believe it or not ... another similar Standard amp (sr-151s). It is a decent to good sounding amp that does it really good with eg. a pair of Dynaco/Scandyna A-10 speakers.

PQR

I got myself this amp too here in Singapore... Standard SR-157 SE... Got it today from a 80+year old Chinese Gentleman.

I dont even know, why I wanted it. For similar specs I have my Nikko A-300D and T-300D matching pairs.

Anyway it's the wooden casing that attracted me I guess.. I am still sucker for vintage looking stuff.

It's in okay condition. Still works. But I can see the speaker terminals are quite different from the pictures in earlier posts... I think I have to recap this amp, and use it as my DIY workroom Amp. That's exactly where, I have kept it now.

dsc01398t.jpg

dsc01400w.jpg

dsc01401g.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom