Site problems- anyone else?

Detailman

Addicted to tweaking
The last week or so when I get on the site, no matter which forum I'm looking at, If I try to scroll down it will make me go to the bottom of the page where the ads are.

This is very annoying.

I first thought it was on my end, mouse etc. but it only happens on AK.

Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this?

Not spyware either as I'm clean there.

Occasionally lately I can't go backwards. I start in the main forums, then go to "general" or "solid state" etc...then can't go back to the main forum page by clicking my "back" button.
I guess I have noticed a couple times where it lags loading a page then flies down to the ads.

There's been something about that recently, check your history as well, make sure nothing snuck in there. Here is a topic in which some other members (myself included) have had that happen, and sometimes it deposits a link in the history, but it doesn't seem to do much besides that. I think it may be an issue with one of the ads running something in the background (seent hat many times), but i'm no expert.

Edit: may want to post in that topic with specifics if you do in fact have the same thing happening, just to see if we can narrow it down and such.

HA.. so it's not just me that can't use the back button on AK.. I've also been dumped to the bottom of the page a couple times, but not much. It's the back button issue that bugs me..

IE 8 for me... at work.

The back button issue isn't all the time.. hit or miss... same with being dumped at the bottom of the page.

The last week or so when I get on the site, no matter which forum I'm looking at, If I try to scroll down it will make me go to the bottom of the page where the ads are.

This is very annoying.

Same here - I get dumped to the very bottom of the page. Very annoying.
IE8.

Firefox and Opera here, no issues!
Regards,
Jim

I've had that problem since Sunday, I thought it was my wifi connection. I tried IE8, Firefox and opera all gave me the same results, but with opera I had fewer problems. Was it site trafic?

I should probably keep quiet about not being effected on firefox. Whoever it is will fix that!

Barney

I've had the back button issue here as well as a couple of other forums. If you click on the back button dropdown arrow, you will see several instances of googleads before the return to the previous page. I've done a little checking on the 'net and what little info I can find points to a poorly written script routine, maybe in the googleads site itself, that is not properly referencing the last page visited. (FF may not allow the same script to run, dunno)

I have been having issues as well. Does not seem to be happening on other sites. I start to type on a thread, and my screen simply locks up. A minute or two goes by, and then 4 or 5 of the typed letters appear. Then it locks up again. :scratch2:

This is very annoying.

I have it as well... notified Ernie about it.

Appears to be a script of some sort.

At least I've found that when scripting is disabled, it doesn't do it.

Scott

HA.. so it's not just me that can't use the back button on AK.. I've also been dumped to the bottom of the page a couple times, but not much. It's the back button issue that bugs me..

Whew! I thought I might be at the computer gonna crash stage.

Makes me feel a little better that it's not just on my system.

I'll scout for solutions and if I find any I'll post results and how to cure it.

This has always been a pretty clean site as far as speed and ease of use.
Hope it stays that way.

Just gives me the impression of adware trying to take over but my programs aren't detecting anything.

On to the hunt.
Thanks for the responses.

I've noticed since I used Ad-aware on a super clean machine that picked up Livejasmine on the first join, all the other problems have gone away... Ya'll might wanna check your history, and if you see livejasmine.com, get adaware and let it run.. appears to fix the problems listed in this thread.

Back
Top Bottom