L & G R 3600 stereo receiver

spaceritual

Just got this L & G R 3600 receiver from a friend last night for $20.
pretty cool.. I had never seen one before...
I've owned a Marantz 2270 for years, so now I have a 2nd receiver for my basement studio...

If anyone has info about these, please post..

Attachments

• IMGP1423.JPG
    IMGP1423.JPG
    101.9 KB · Views: 89
The model above yours, L&G R-3800 is a rebranded Luxman R-1040, which is very, very good.

My guess is that this would be a Luxman R-1030. It would be very interesting if you were willing to provide a nude picture of this receiver.

Either way, it is bound to sound very nice.

Interesting. The cosmetics/layout remind me of early 1970s Sony hifi integrated amps... but there was no Sony receiver so styled AFAIK.

Hard to believe it's of Luxman origin...

I just hooked it up to speakers & turntable....sounds very good, although
only one speaker works...
I took cover off & checked wire contacts to speaker hook ups but they seemed
fine, at least on that end...can't see where the other end attaches to...seems like I'd have to take whole thing apart. I'm a complete novice with fixing this stuff... any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.....

here's a pic of inside (as requested..)

Attachments

• IMGP1424.jpg
    IMGP1424.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 45
Try to clean the sliding controls with contact cleaner.

Look for blown fuses.

Might very well be a blown channel, and that would require replacing of parts, etc.

thanks guys!
I opened back and found fuses.... and yes one was blown...
will have to wait til next week to get replacement & test...
hurricane here tomorrow..(nyc..)

Rose

I'd get a few fuses of the values you need. If those fuses are original, they might just fall apart~

Hey team. Anyone with an r3600e able to check their fuse values underneath? Picked one of these up, I was having issues with any sound coming out. Had a look at those fuses, 2 were 0.5A, 2 were 2.5A. The blown ones were 2.5A. I replaced those with 0.5A and it seems to be working, albeit a light 'hiss' that may clear with a bit of contact cleaner in the front sliders. Just trying to make sure I'm not missing something bigger.

Back
Top Bottom