help with hook up

mountaindew

I just purchased these from a flea market and there are no instructions on what connections go where.If someone could help me I would appreciate it.Heres what I have

TX-940 tuner
SG-540 EQUALIZER
SA 940 amp
DT 540 timer

Start with the amp and speakers.
Connect one pair of speakers to the primary speaker terminals, mint the polarity and don't short them!
Select the primary speakers on the amp's contol panel.
Durn volume all the way down and pwer up the amp and make sure nothing strange happens.
Power it back down.
Connect the 2 audio outputs of the tuna to the tuner inputs or aux inputs on the amp.
Select the tuner on the amp's selection switch.
Power on the amp, power on the tuna.
Turn the volume up a pit and search for a signal.
Report back here with results.

ok,I did that and no change.Do I have to listen to the tuner or can I have the CD player hooked up.Thats what I had hooked up and nothing.Hers a pic of the rear of the system.Amp on bottom,equalizer next then tuner then the timer on top

Attachments

• SDC11214.jpg
    SDC11214.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 24
Your pic shows one spkr connected to A & one spkr to B !!? Start again, following dark stormy knight advice, but better with both spkrs connected to either A or B.
tuner ; out of tuner to tuner in on amp. cd; out most likely could go into amps aux input. Have never used a timer, so no idea what /where how it hooks into system.

Last edited:
I changed the speaker hook up,sounds better.Hooked up like you said but what do I hook the equalizer up to.Thats what im having a problem with getting the equalizer to work correctly

Your picture is fuzzy so you'll have to use a lirttle common sense here,

Connect the tape output on the amp to the equalizers input.

Conect the equalizers output to the tape input (play?) on the receiver.

Turn both on.

Press the "tape monitor" switch on the amp and check the buttons on the eq to make sure it's not being defeated. It should be in the curduit.

Remember, we can't see what you've got so you've got to do a little thinking for yourself here.

Dunno about the timer. Never used one. Plug everything into it maybe?

Back
Top Bottom