L-300 Summits and Threshold amp in Reno

jhoyt

Incomprehensible space llama
This could be a dream setup, but he's being coy on the price. I sent an email, so we'll see. Not like I can afford it. :D

At least he may know what they are worth..I recently replied to an ad for L-300's on kijiji here in Toronto..Ad just had pics and short caption and no model number..Asking $500..I had a feeling I knew what they were so quick Google and a replied.Well price went up to $1000 in his reply then minutes later he edited the ad with model number and $2000 asking price..
'Oh well' I thought..another one who can't research before posting:scratch2:..I beleive they sold as ad was taken down next day..

Don't know where I would have put them,but $500...Oh well

I HAVE A VERY SWEET STEREO. IF YOU WANT TO LISTEN TO THE 1812 OVERTURE OR BUG YOUR NEIGHBORS THEN THIS IS THE SYSTEM FOR YOU. I KNOW HOW MUCH I WANT TO GET FOR IT AND I KNOW WHAT IT IS WORTH. MAKE BE A GOOD FAIR OFFER. SERIOUS OFFER ONLY. I WELL PLUG IT IN FOR YOU TO LISTEN TO. BRING YOUR OWN EAR PLUGS. YES I HAVE THE COVERS. I JUST TOOK THEM OFF FOR THE PHOTO.
The annoyances:words ratio in this listing is remarkable.

He wrote back with a price of $1000. I'm very tempted, for purely mercenary reasons.

He wrote back with a price of $1000. I'm very tempted, for purely mercenary reasons.

I only hope he's not as irritating as the ad...and that he doesn't read this. :D

For just the speakers or all of it?

Guarantee you that unless you say I'm coming over with the cash, what's the address?, he's gonna continue to up the ante or push you at the time of purchase.

Usually, I say the above - I've got the cash in hand, get the address and head out as quickly as possible with a vehicle that can hold everything (bring a furniture roller or hand truck, you'll need it). Even with that, I've had sellers call me during the drive to say they just sold it to someone else, or they called and said someone offered more.

Just have to hope (and hope is not a plan) that they guy has some integrity if he named a price to you and sticks with it. Fingers crossed for ya, but have some doubts about him.

All is moot, they're gone. Nothing more to see here. That's what I get for being in Costco with my family this evening, rather than chasing the next score. :rolleyes:

All is moot, they're gone. Nothing more to see here. That's what I get for being in Costco with my family this evening, rather than chasing the next score. :rolleyes:

But at least you got a 60 roll package of bathroom tissue and a gallon of mayonnaise! :D

Priorities...however, I'm not gonna say which one should come first...nope, not going to go there.

Hint though: Costco is open 7 days a week!

That was a terrific deal.... but still some serious cash. I'd have probably gone to see them just to torture myself. ;)

I would have held up the Costco to get the money for that absolutely crazy smoking deal.

"Not to mention putting a link to it in the open forums of AK." +1

I don't mean to pile on, but WTH were you thinking doing that?! <G>

Back
Top Bottom