Sansui G 5700....how good?

SixCats!

Hi all,

My brother has a lead on a Sansui G 5700 that is said to be in PRISTINE condition (having been keep in a cabnit since purchased new). I understand that this unit is a 75 watt per channel Receiver. Now...YOURS TRULY might (if the price is right) be able to acquire this unit! My Brother is acting on my behalf. Any thoughts as to how good a unit this Sansui Model is and...what might be a fair price would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
SixCats!

If you can get it cheap, buy it. I have one and like it. Make sure the stations lock in on the digital tuner and that the red LED power meters work for the speaker output. :)

I have its bigger brother and you cant go wrong with the G series I would pay not more then $125-130 for it in Great cont. In the Sansui database they have gone for anywhere from $25.00 to $235.00.

Ron

Sixcats.
Sansui "G" series receivers are very nice. I'd say get it......like everyone else says....if the price is right.(that being relative, I suppose)
They are very well made units and as you go up in the series the price climbs.
I have a G7500 I bought new in the 1970's and its still operating perfectly.

Russ

Hi Russ,

Thanks for you input on the "G". I hope to hear back from my Brother this week.

Regards,
SixCats!

Hi 6cats, I have a G-5700 and she's a pretty nice machine. Has the biggest transformer I ever seen in a 75wpc receiver! :yes:

I Have found many pic's of the insides of G-7700 's that have different looking transformers for I have a pic of one with wax covering the coil and mine has no wax on top of the coil of course mine is the 80's model which has different insides then the 78 version so maby they did the same thing to the G-5700. Just a guess.

Ron

Last edited:
bolly said:
that's odd P727, the transformer in my 5700 is all black.

In addition to the manufacturing dates, I suspect that the PLANT# where it was manufactured may play a part in changes to components as well.

For example, the Sansui database (you just knew I was about to quote some facts from the database, right Greg?) shows that the G-5700 was manufactured in at least 5 plants during it's production run; with #'s 81, 82 and 85 being the most common. Plant #31 and #65 also appear but in the final year that this box was made.

Great info, huh? :banana:

Paul :lmao:

Back
Top Bottom