attachment.php

Attachments

• DSC_0015.jpg
    DSC_0015.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 174
  • DSC_0018.jpg
    DSC_0018.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 173
Good job! I am jealous. Not cause of that recap job....but of the solder/desolder machine. I want and need one. As much as I do it would be alot of help.

Yeah, it's awesome. Bought it used from fleabay. It just needed to be properly cleaned and has been fantastic ever since. The ONLY thing I don't like is that I wish there were separate power switches for soldering and desoldering. If I'm doing a bunch of soldering then I don't want to have my desoldering tool gust sitting there burning up. The only option is to unplug the cable of the one I'm not using. One of these days I may get around to adding in an extra power switch or two...

Yeah, it's awesome. Bought it used from fleabay. It just needed to be properly cleaned and has been fantastic ever since. The ONLY thing I don't like is that I wish there were separate power switches for soldering and desoldering. If I'm doing a bunch of soldering then I don't want to have my desoldering tool gust sitting there burning up. The only option is to unplug the cable of the one I'm not using. One of these days I may get around to adding in an extra power switch or two...
You would think they would have done that anyways. I guess that is their way of selling alot more tips. I will have to remember that when looking at them again. I was just looking on fleabay. I was thinking I dont need a whole station...got a good Hakko 936...So I am just looking at separate desoldering unit. That would get rid of the switch problem.

Last edited:
The only other option I have is to turn the temperature down as far as it will go which is still around 200 degrees. So, yes, it's a good thing to keep in mind when buying a 2-in-1 station like mine.

I had a PM request for my parts list. To hopefully benefit everyone, I will include it here. I do my parts lists in Excel with some fancy functions to convert Pioneer codes to meaningful descriptions and create BOM lists. Since we can't attach Excel spreadsheets, I saved it as a PDF.

Standard disclaimer: The attached parts list represents a snapshot in time. It's the right list for my unit, yours may be slightly different. Mouser part numbers change and they run out of stock so you may need to make some substitutions. The list should also be inspected by one of the AK gurus (you know who you are) to ensure it meets with their approval. The mods are more than welcome to publish it in the AK recap database if approved by one of the AK gurus.

Attachments

• Pioneer RG-1 Recap List.pdf
    153.5 KB · Views: 99
Back
Top Bottom