How many electrolytic caps are in a CT-F1000?

xlbee

PIONEERFREQ
Subscriber
About this many:

attachment.php

A lot! Phew!

Attachments

• CT-F1000 Caps.JPG
    CT-F1000 Caps.JPG
    115.9 KB · Views: 134
Oh heck ... that's less than half what comes out of a Sansui QRX-9001.

Still, from a cassette deck ... that's outrageous! Do that all in one sitting?

What we really want to see is pics of the insides before and after, complete with burn marks, blood sacrifices and dents where you were pounding your head about halfway along.

Not all in one sitting! So far, no burns, no broken wires and it was still working about 6 boards ago. Due to an error with my cap order, I have to wait for 3 caps before I can try her out again :(

There's always that magic moment when you power it up ... fire extinguisher in hand ... 911 on speed dial ... and nothing explodes.

<whew!> NEXT!

My magic moments are usually related to some new trick I figure out along the way. Currently working on a Sansui QR4500 (thread here if you want to take a peek) and had a few caps that were kind of hard to figure out from the backside which leads were what. Came up to take a break and my eye did spy a laser pointer I use to chase the dog around. Shine that right thru the board to zero in on the cap in question. Kewl! Have to remember that one.

I'm down to three boards ... wanna race? Same here on the ooPs forgot to order some ... so it'd be even.

PS ... we'll settle for pics without burns or dents.

Yeah, there are something like 16 boards in there. Four individual boards just for Dolby! Also discovered a couple of mistakes along the way. The parts list in the service manual for the 2 Integrated Assembly boards (RWX-175) showed a .1uF cap for C513 but the schematic shows a 1uF cap (the boards actually had 1uF caps in them). And, my copy of the service manual doesn't have the little capstan motor controller board listed at all. It has 2 electrolytics on it. There is one other mistake, on the board layout for the Main Board Assembly (RWX-178), C1526 or C1528 (I can't make it out) shows as 100 uF but the schematic has a hand written update showing 47uF, the parts list shows 47uF and the board actually had a 47 uF cap in it. Pics will come after I get my Mouser order in and get her back together. Never thought to take "before" pics...

Last edited:
I'll see your CT-F1000 and raise you one CT-F1250.
Seriously, I don't know how many are in the CT-F1000, although I have one here I haven't got to yet. I do know that there were 188 on the CT-F1250 and I won't be doing that again anytime soon:no:

Attachments

• ct-f1250.jpg
    ct-f1250.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 27
Would be interesting to go through those with an ESR and capacitance meter to see how many are actually out of spec.:scratch2:

What did you use to replace the low leakage-low noise electrolytics?

Put them on Ebay as a replacement kit !!!!!

HA HA HA!!! Awesome idea. "Pioneer CT-F1000 Cap Replacement Kit. All caps tested, working and already broken in. Original Pioneer stock. Leads pre tinned and pre trimmed."

Back
Top Bottom