Nikko NK 501

tcdriver

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
On Wednesday, my co-worker told me that he was getting rid of his old stereo. He told me he had a tube receiver that he would give me for free. Would I be intereted? "O.K.", I said. Yesterday he brought it to work, a late sixties Nikko sold-state stereo receiver. :lmao:

It needed a little work. I replaced the stereo lamps, reattached the antenna lead screw assembly and cleaned and lubed the controls that were frozen. It sounds pretty good.

Nk 501

Not much worth seeing inside. Most, if not all, early Japanese solid state receivers were pretty primitive. The cover is bit of a pain to take off and put back on. Sorry.

There have been about 3-4 of those pass thru Epay since the first of the year. It sure looks interesting but I've always had something else going at the time.

Enjoy!

onepixel,

I am glad to hear that you are using it. I am very happy to know that it went to a good home. The best one can hope for when they sell some HI-FI gear is that it will be used and loved by the one who buys it. Good listening.

tc

I tried to find some info and checked Orion, no NR-501 listed.
I like Nikko gear. The vintage receiver set up right now is the 85 wpc NR-1050 driving two pair of speaker systems.

Back
Top Bottom