'67 Fisher Philharmonic

chillywilly

Saw this on CL. "Good condition, best offer".
I offered $30 and got no response.
A week later it was posted again. I asked if they had gotten my offer. They had but had higher ones and were going to give it another week. So, I forgot about it.
Some time later they contacted me. All the bids fell through. Did I still want it?
I went to have a look(about 10 miles away).
They were dealing with their parents home and belongings. I guess no one wanted the old console.

Turned on the unit. Lots of dirty pot noise, sound from just one side and the mode selector wouldn't turn. The seller grabbed the selector knob and gave it a twist. It turned. And kept turning freely, no longer connected to anything.

On the up side. The Garrad AT60mkII was operating fine and they said they had boughrt a new stylus at the Needle Doctor(their store just done the road).

They also had the Fisher and Garrard owners manuals, a 1967 Fisher catalog and a 45 stacker that looked NIB.

They wouldn't take less than $30 even with the broken selector. I gave them the $30.

Fisher Philharmonic in French Provincial
picture.php

control panel
picture.php

picture.php

back view
picture.php

Garrad out for clean and lube
picture.php

The record slot liner has disintegrated. Has anyone painted the inside black or re-lined one?

Gave the pots and selector a Deoxit treatment. All working now.

The selector knob is connected to the switch by a shaft. The shaft has a joint that is held together by a metal clip. When the seller twisted the knob, he broke the clip.
I slipped a peice of .25 inch ID fuel line over the joint and clamped it. Works fine now.

Back
Top Bottom