AR Classic 5

1ADSarge

Der Bürgermeister
Subscriber
Picked up a very nice looking cherrywood pair of these for $100. Does anyone know what they are worth and have any info or specs on them. I did a google search and couldn't find anything. I'll post some pics when I get home.

Btw, they paired very nicely with my Maggy tube amp!

ouch, I didn´t know that there is a difference. Anyway, I guess you will find information on classicspeakerpages.com about them, they have quite a lot documents of Acoustic Research.

Here are the pics as promised. Hopefully someone will recognize them :)
BTW, they are bi-ampable.

57646733218986404251057.jpg

53400933218958403551057.jpg

I have the Classic 26's. Awesome line not much info out there. Made for less than a year I think....Some think the best ever offered by AR....don't know about that but they are my best speaker and I have way too many :)

There is a site that has some info and detail but I don't remember where so google is your friend.

No idea as to value but the big ones go for big coin...I have seen 800-1500 for the top two models. Never seen any others sell.

How do you like them?

As long as they are paired with my a sub, this combo is gold. They sound very good on tubes. The imaging is amazing with these. These are keepers for sure!

Wow, what I would do to get my hands on a pair of those Classic 30's!!!

Back
Top Bottom