An early 1060 is different

ChrisMarantz

I am about to start on a 1060 rebuild and while I was looking it over I noticed that it's different from other 1060's I have worked on. This amplifier is serial number 25396 and it doesn't have the varistors (H713 & H714) which are typically glued to the heat sinks of transistors H705 & H706.

Instead there is a diode mounted on the circuit board. I haven't found this early variation in any service manual or schematic. I thought I would point it out for others who might run across it.

Attachments

• 1060 Early Amp PC.jpg
    1060 Early Amp PC.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 239
  • 1060 Later Amp PC.jpg
    1060 Later Amp PC.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 222
I'm gonna put a link to this in the Service Manual error sticky. Handy info.

That diode looks like one of those troublesome VD1212 or 1122.

That diode looks like one of those troublesome VD1212 or 1122.

When I work on the 1060 this weekend I'll remove and test them to make sure of what they are. While a pair of 1N4148's in series can be one solution, it may be possible to add a varistor and glue it to the heat sink like a later series.

I will be looking for an early schematic and visually comparing the early and later boards for other changes.

It looks like there is some glue on the board under that heat sink. The transistor is marked 2sc945 instead of c945. Could it be that someone did a repair on this unit and made the change?

Rob

It looks like there is some glue on the board under that heat sink. The transistor is marked 2sc945 instead of c945. Could it be that someone did a repair on this unit and made the change?

Rob

I'll be able to tell if its been worked on when I get it taken apart, however I don't think it has been repaired before. Everything looks very original.

This is one of those units that someone was stupid sloppy with the glue and it covers a lot more than is necessary.

After spending time this weekend recapping this 1060, I can report that it is all original. There wasn't any sign of previous work have been done, even the thread on the screws holding everything together was still intact.

I will assume that this is an early 1060 design which is actually the same as a really early 1030 I have.

Nakamichi CA-1DTS

I am about to start on a 1060 rebuild and while I was looking it over I noticed that it's different from other 1060's I have worked on. This amplifier is serial number 25396 and it doesn't have the varistors (H713 & H714) which are typically glued to the heat sinks of transistors H705 & H706.

Instead there is a diode mounted on the circuit board. I haven't found this early variation in any service manual or schematic. I thought I would point it out for others who might run across it.

How do you do
Search for the service an мануал on preamplifier Nakamichi CA-1DTS IF can help, give to know.
thank you beforehand

Back
Top Bottom