Any Experience w/ Silicon Ray SET Amps?

btol

Hi Everyone,

I'm looking to jump into the world of tubes but being used to vintage midfi solid state, I've become used to their lower price points. As I was looking around at possible low-cost options, a couple of people have recommended Silicon Ray's SET amps. Does anyone own one or have experience with one. I'm looking at either their lower wattage SET amps. One goes for $130 and the other for $160. Also has anyone paid for them to assemble the kit? If so, were you satisfied with the build? Being a total DIY noob, I'd probaly have them assemble the amp for me.

Thanks

Hi Everyone,

I'm looking to jump into the world of tubes but being used to vintage midfi solid state, I've become used to their lower price points. As I was looking around at possible low-cost options, a couple of people have recommended Silicon Ray's SET amps. Does anyone own one or have experience with one. I'm looking at either their lower wattage SET amps. One goes for $130 and the other for $160. Also has anyone paid for them to assemble the kit? If so, were you satisfied with the build? Being a total DIY noob, I'd probaly have them assemble the amp for me.

Thanks

If you are not going to assemble it, then why do you look for a kit? Get ready to use unit from other brand instead.

It seems like the cost of the kit including assembly is still less pricey than other plug n play tube amps with similar specs. At this point I'm just trying to figure out

a) is the price too good to be true
b) do they do a good job with assembly

It seems like the cost of the kit including assembly is still less pricey than other plug n play tube amps with similar specs. At this point I'm just trying to figure out

a) is the price too good to be true
b) do they do a good job with assembly

Did you read all of the 35 pages of the link that RWood sent you? I did :banana:

i skimmed through and people seem pretty satisfied after a whole lot of work. so i guess the end product is good. didn't really see anyone who had them do the assembly, though.

Back
Top Bottom