CDP volume issue

45rpm

Cassette Nut
I've got an ADC 16/2R CD player that I'm trying to hook up to a Nikko receiver. I have it going into the AUX RCA input, into which I've successfully hooked up cassette decks.

I can only hear it when I turn the volume up almost all the way. I've tried two different sets of cables and there's no difference.

Can someone help? Is this thing returning to its BSR roots?!

Are you sure the tape monitor switch isn't in the Tape position? Also check to make sure there aren't 2 AUX jacks. Some amps have a switch that switches between Tuner and Aux or phono.

I've found a workaround: I hooked up the CDP to a cassette deck, put the deck into the receiver, and put the deck in record mode, and it sounds good.

Perhaps your CDP has a variable audio output like my denon and it is turned way back. It might need a remote to access the volume control.

Perhaps your CDP has a variable audio output like my denon and it is turned way back. It might need a remote to access the volume control.

Unfortunately, the remote doesn't have a volume control on it. Is there a way to adjust it from the inside?

I don't think you can turn the volume up from the insde. odd that it be so low and still clear. I would expect if there was a problem with it's outputs it would at least sound distorted.

Are you turning up the recording levels? Sounds like the unit may have an issue with outputs.

Turning up the recording level on the cassette deck does the same thing as adjusting the volume on the receiver. I'd been turning up the volume instead of adjusting the recording levels.

And yes, it's completely distortion-free.

I've found a workaround: I hooked up the CDP to a cassette deck, put the deck into the receiver, and put the deck in record mode, and it sounds good.

That may be a workaround but you have a problem :scratch2:

Could be as simple as turning a switch or pressing a button. hard to say from where i'm sitting

That may be a workaround but you have a problem :scratch2:

Could be as simple as turning a switch or pressing a button. hard to say from where i'm sitting

Agreed. Do you have the tape deck plugged into the same aux jack that you had the cdp plugged into? What happens when you plug the cdp directly into the jack you use for the tape deck? My guess is you have an issue in the selector switch in the amp. Or dirty jacks. Time for some Deoxit I think. Good luck!

Cheers.......................Todd

Back
Top Bottom