Heresy/Forte Stands by Skylan Stands

moray james

For two years I have been putting a bug in the ear of Noel Nolan of Skylan Stands to build a custom stand for the Heresy and Forte and here they are with a set of H3 in Walnut. Some fast snapshots at my place. These are the best designed best sounding stands on the market built by one of the nicest people god made. I have a pair under my Forte and another under the Heresy 3. Check out Noels site at http://skylanstands.com/.

Attachments

• Klipsch.1.jpeg
    Klipsch.1.jpeg
    79.7 KB · Views: 252
Last edited:
Frank these are about 20 inches tall and are superb turning a pair of Heresy 3 into studio monitors. A 16 inch pair of these look stunning and work perfectly under the Forte or Forte ll (with the stock risers removed). Noel will cut the columns for you to the height you need.
It took me a long time to convince Noel to do this. This is a limited run and Noel wants to see what Klipsch owners will do. If you are interested please contact Noel, he is a great guy. Best regards Moray James.

For two years I have been putting a bug in the ear of Noel Nolan of Skylan Stands to build a custom stand for the Heresy and Forte and here they are with a set of H3 in Walnut. Some fast snapshots at my place. These are the best designed best sounding stands on the market built by one of the nicest people god made. I have a pair under my Forte and another under the Heresy 3. Check out Noels site at http://skylanstands.com/.

I picked-up a pair of his stands (Skylan is in my home town) that I use with my backup speakers (non-Klipsch). He does a good job with all his stuff!

Wb

This might sound really dumb....but... what makes a stand sound good or bad?

I'd think a stand made of solid gold would sound about the same as a stand made of telephone books since the only thing going on is raising the speaker??

:scratch2:

Everyone raves about Skyland stands but they are to rich for my blood. I'd rather design my own and have them fabricated locally. They are great looking though.

cubdog

Having known Noel for decades I know a lot of what went into the design of these stands. Noel has a great sense of proportion and a good eye for the visual esthetic.
I hope that posting the pictures gives those who want to diy a good idea of what works visually.
I have seen many attempt to copy these and as with all well designed products everything there is there for a reason and changes result in a difference in sound. As to price these are built in North America and the margin is slim. Compared to product such as say a sound anchor the Skylan offer excellent value. If a quality set of stands makes the difference sonically then to me at least, they are well worth the investment. Stands are not just for putting under a speaker they are supposed to make the speaker sound better, I know these do. Best regards Moray James.

Sorry, but I don't see how these stands will make your speakers sound any better than if you were using anything else of similar proportions and build. I know I wont be buying that snake oil.

I built a set of stands for my Heresy's. They were exactly the same dimensions as the speaker itself and were of solid design, no legs. Anything with legs will cause a loss of lower frequency response, which the Heresy is already in short supply of.

I do believe when it comes to speaker stands or component racks anyone can build their own equal to any manufactured product. However, it does take careful planning, time, and resources to acheive the desired results. In many cases this is not practical. I just try to spend my audio money wisely. I wish I could do more on my own but that's not often possible.

cubdog

That was my point!

Just because you don't see why does not mean that it is not so and this goes a long way to explain why it can take so many years to develop and perfect a quality design and just because you can't appreciate it you simply cast an off hand slur. Tell me what have you developed at your own expense and offered up to the community lately? Best regards Moray James.

Sorry, but I don't see how these stands will make your speakers sound any better than if you were using anything else of similar proportions and build. I know I wont be buying that snake oil.

Last edited:
Those stands are great looking, but I am retired and on a budget right now.. I had to make some from wood that will do for now. I am glad I took your advice several months ago and raised up my HII I purchased new. I looked at my Cornwalls and the mid horns are at ear level so doing this and adding a sub with HII in bedroom :music:ROCKS. I should have done this many years ago.
Thanks Moray.

Back
Top Bottom