• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Kenwood KP-990 Vs. Yamaha GT-750 Vs. Denon DP-47F

Register to hide this ad
Is it a Kenwood KP or KD 990? the kenwood KD 990 is an excelente TT. The others i have never heard but from what i have read They are all excelent TT,
The Yamaha GT series has many owners raving about there quality and performance.
 
Last edited:
Not having personally owned any of the three TTs bit I'v read owners comments I'd rank the KD-990 and GT-750 about even, both excellent but not TOTL, the DP-47F is a distant third, a good turntable but not in the same league as the other two.
 
I bought Kenwood KP-990

Hi folks! I decided to purchase a Kenwood KP-990. It's the Japanese version of KD-990. They are the same TT actually.

Taking into account a lack of info about KD-990 and GT-750, I was seriously thinking of purchasing the DP-67L, but eventually I chose the KP-990 because its cosmetical condition. It's in mint condition, just like a brand new TT.

I hope that I don't regret selling my beloved Philips GA-202 which was in also in mint condition.

The TT is in transportation and shall reach my door by March.

Thanks for your messages!
 
That 990 is a wonderful beast...full cast aluminum frame underneath the lacquer exterior. Post some pics when you get it home and set up please!
 
The Kenwood was the best choice, and I own the GT-2000. I would give the edge in tonearms to the Yamaha, but the Kenwood is better in every other respect. The DP-67 isn't in the same league as the Yamaha or the Kenwood. Glas to see you got the KP-990. That's a keeper, and I'd love to own one.
 
Hi folks! I decided to purchase a Kenwood KP-990. It's the Japanese version of KD-990. They are the same TT actually.

Taking into account a lack of info about KD-990 and GT-750, I was seriously thinking of purchasing the DP-67L, but eventually I chose the KP-990 because its cosmetical condition. It's in mint condition, just like a brand new TT.

I hope that I don't regret selling my beloved Philips GA-202 which was in also in mint condition.

The TT is in transportation and shall reach my door by March.

Thanks for your messages!

Congratulations on the beautiful Kenwood KP-990/KD-990.

Subarashii! :thmbsp: :music: :thmbsp:
 
Back
Top Bottom