Alcomax speaker set

Looks like some quality vifa woofers and tweeters if i am not mistaken. I don't know anything about the alcomax brand though.

Thanks Nissan Guy. I try to remove drivers and see if theres more info. Also will see how crossover electronics look like. More photos coming next week.

Hey,

I got my hands on following (see photo from link below) Alcomax speaker set. Couldn't find any info about those with Google so I'm turning to you. Any info would be nice.

Thanks

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/auNnJ7Zc1CsQkkMDU7MiXNMTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=directlink

Hi marttikoo, Hope my answer is not too late.

I also have this speaker set, now selling it due to lack of space. I don't think you will find any info unless you switch your search to Hungarian or search for the vifa driver types. So here is the info i know...

The speakers were made in Hungary around 1995 by a small company named Alcomax. The manufacturer doesn't exist today. The speaker has quality vifa drivers. The main driver type is P21WN-20, the tweeter is D25TG-85. The crossover is a single capacitor only. If you remove the drivers you can see that the box has a minimalist design, using a Polyfoam sheet for vibration damping. Some metal plates are also glued to the bottom to provide extra weight. Though Alcomax speakers are generally known as a quality makes, they received some criticism in Hungary stating the design is overly simple. Some people modified them by removing the Polyfoam material and attached bitumen pads to the inner walls and finished with polyester wadding. Few people replaced the crossover too. After these modifications the speakers sound quality improved and it was reportedly comparable to HB1.

I think these are good quality speakers and they have great potential for further enhancements. I think you will like them too.

Back
Top Bottom