JVC by Victor Speakers

Pulled the pic off of Craigslist...add says JVC model VS by victor. Can't find anything with that info.

Pulled the pic off of Craigslist...add says JVC model VS by victor. Can't find anything with that info.

They look nice, but I'm thinking they might be speakers that came as part of an all-in-one system. If that's the case, then probably nothing too-special. Might still sound okay, but less-likely.

One of the big rules of vintage gear is this: If the brand-name on said gear is not well-known for that TYPE of gear (the "type" in this case being speakers), then you're gonna' want to be really-sure of what they are before you go buying them. In other words, JVC, while having made some halfway-decent gear at one time or another, is NOT known for their speakers. When you think of speakers, you don't think of JVC. Get what I'm saying?

Honestly, those look like JVC's cheap, but made-to-look-good attempt at an "all-around-the-room" speaker.

Last edited:
I believe those are the JVC BLA-5 from around 1971, about $400 US back then.

http://audio-heritage.jp/VICTOR/Speaker/bla-5.html

Actually, over the years, JVC made quite a few really good looking speakers. I'm not sure how they performed though. There isn't too many people here that wouldn't take these::no:

zero-l10.JPG

While I can't say what those are I will say that back in the late 70's victor made a laboratory line that was very good. ml-10 power and pl-10 pre, if these are from the same line they could be good, if not they are just run of the mill stuff.

JVC made some GREAT gear in the late 60's through early 80's before the black face equipment came along. For fun google JVC_graz if you want to see and drool over an amazing collection of JVC gear.

A lot of people poo-poo JVC and a lot of their stuff flies under the radar.

I wouldn't be surprised if those sound pretty good, especially four in each corner of a room.

Just my 2c.

If the price is good, I'd be very tempted to grab those. They look to be in very nice shape in the pic.

Glenn

Back
Top Bottom