Technics M218 cassette deck

ra7c7er

Chloride Listener
Subscriber
I just picked up a Technics M218 cassette deck. It looks like someone decided to practice with a hammer on the top of it (four nearly perfectly round dents about the size of a 1" hammer face) but it still plays great and I found out after buying it that is was serviced just 3 years ago. The service paper is faded and ripped so I can make out is that the belt was replaced and a few caps were either replaced or upgraded. Might have been a shops refurb and sell deck.

I know it is on the lower end of the cassette deck spectrum but it will work just fine for what I am going to do with it. Just playing some local bands limited quantity cassettes. and maybe some interesting stuff if I find anything.

Any thoughts on this tape deck? I'm not looking for price value I can find that on ebay.

Oh and I paid less than two bucks for it. Last day before getting recycled deal.

I've had this deck for a little over a year (currently listening to it as I type this). It's a very solid deck, I oiled the capstan gears when I first picked it up (also off craigslist for about $20) and that fixed the speed issue I was having. From what I gather seeing some posts about it, it's a pretty well liked deck. I have no complaints.

Back
Top Bottom