Hafler DH 500 v Pro 500 what is the difference??

geph0007

AK Member
Subscriber
What is the difference between a Hafler DH 500 and a Pro 500. When I worked in the biz I sold the DH 500 but we never stocked or sold the Pro. Is the pro later?? Thanks

Hi 7? Not sure about that. I could not find a lot in the search but then again i might not have put it in right.

I think that is true if the mosfet needs one P and one N to make a set (sure there is a technical name for this as I am only parroting here); however, I have seen it written a DH 500 can run with three Mosfets if there is a P/N set on one side and two sets on the other.
I will find the reference.

I was under the impression that it was the same as the DH-500, but it had a different faceplate, gain controls, and balanced input connectors. Maybe a change to the Fan speed circuit too?

The DH-500 came before the Pro incarnation.

I have a P-500, the pro model of the DH-500. Here are the differences:

Connections:

- XLR inputs
- Barrier strip inputs
- No RCA inputs.

Display:

- Clipping LEDs - one per channel
- Activity LED - one per channel
- Volume controls - one per channel
- Much heavier duty AC on/off switch

Internal circuits/boards:

- Additional board for the clipping, input controls, and balanced-to-unbalanced signal conversion. Mounted behind the front panel.

- Differences in fan resistor values. This changed the speed at which the cooling fan ran.

- Air filters installed on both of the air inputs. Mounted in the same place as the DH-500, there were 'pouches' where mesh filters could be installed for long-term operation and keeping the interior cleaner of dust.

Otherwise, the chassis, driver boards, heatsink, speaker relay, and power supply components were exactly the same as the DH-500. I suspect that the power supply's ground rails were a bit heavier between the capacitors.

There is some additional wiring in the harnesses to accommodate the additional board and rear connections.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

David

Why does a p 500 have 2 1/4 inch inputs per channel

I just bought one at a hawk shop for $150

Powers up and comes out of protection

About 10 mv offset per channel

I do not have input adaptors yet

Back
Top Bottom