• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

An Altec Christmas Tree?

drbiggles

I like to pull weeds.
Subscriber
ChristmasAltecs.jpg


Merry Christmas! And all that holiday mumbo jumbo. No tree this year, so I stacked the Altecs I restored on top of each other. There's ornaments, candy canes, tinsel and a star on top!

xo, Biggles
 
Register to hide this ad
audio tree

I guess you know when you're a true audiophile when you make a Christmas Tree out of your speakers.
Ain't it great?

Paul
 
It is great and we're enjoying the glow immensely. My boys think I'm nuts, but are not surprised. My wife understands and thinks it's pretty funny, so far.

Biggles
 
Those are the voice of the tannenbaum series. :D

OH man, yer killin' me! Nice shootin' Tex.

Yes, wife is very understanding. We just celebrated our 2 year anniversary. So, this whole speaker junkie thing is new to her and hasn't begun to annoy her, yet.

Biggles
 
Not to derail your Christmas post, but what are the two pictures on the right? The green one and yellow one below it?
 
Hey! Very good idea Mr. Biggles, very good indeed. Looks very cozy. I'm going down to the cellar in a little bit to bring up the tree and decorations. I'll have to look and see if there are a few extra strings of lights...

Cheers,
James
 
his masters voice

All you need now is your favorite reindeer sitting in front of the speakers listening for his masters voice.

Paul
 
Not to derail your Christmas post, but what are the two pictures on the right? The green one and yellow one below it?

There's those and a few more, they're old band posters I found on telephone polls in about '79 to '81. I can remember finding them in Berkeley and taking them home, saved 'em all these years. A few years ago purchased some inexpensive frames and put them up on the wall over my audio stuff.

You can see Flipper, Ramones, Stranglers, Berlin, X, Sparks, and the green one is a big one for Bonnie Hayes and the Wild Combo. I've also got one from when Billy Idol played The Berkeley Square. Oh, and there's a blue one with Paul Collins Beat and Eric Blakely and the Blame. I still have one of Eric's 45's.

That's what that's all about.

Biggles
 
Back
Top Bottom