• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Panasonic RE-7700 AM/FM Receiver

GatorDude

Active Member
I picked this old Panasonic Receiver up today at a thrift store. It's an RE-7700. My research suggests that it is circa 1969. The tuner appears to work. It has an "autotune" feature. It looks like the band indicator lights are burned out on the front. The receiver is still in the car due to the rain. Hopefully, it will work.

I'm a little concerned about the need for 16 ohm 20 watt speakers with plugs. But, I figure I'll either get 'em off of ebay or will run into something compatible a thrift store eventually.

This is more of a curiosity buy than anything else. Do you guys have any tips or information about it?

---------------------------------------------------------
Update: Even if the dog won't go further than 10 feet from the breezeway, I went out and got it. It works. The lights I thought were burned out at the store are just a little faint and are perfectly visible in the dimmer lights of our home. Best of all, it sounds pretty darned good. I'm getting a better signal on the classic rock station through the internal antenna on this than I do with my external antenna on the Technics receiver. The autotune went right to the classic rock station and has sounded great through headphones with The Rolling Stones, The Who, and U2 all sounding awesome through humble Sony MDR-XD100 headphones. This might make a decent bedroom unit for non-audiophiles!
 

Attachments

  • PanasonicRE7700.jpg
    PanasonicRE7700.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 109
  • PanasonicRE7700Back.jpg
    PanasonicRE7700Back.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
Nice looking unit - nver seen before.
Could you make also a picture from the illuminated scale? Would be nice to see. Looks a bit familiar to some older Sansuis as 210, 300 etc.
 
Not exactly what you have. I've had these things before and made an "impedance matching device" from power 8 ohms and a pair of terminals I got from some BPC. Here's also an ad for the 7700. The "full" 18 watts is probably 9 per.
 

Attachments

  • model.jpg
    model.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 56
  • ad_7700.jpg
    ad_7700.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 62
  • panafull.jpg
    panafull.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 91
  • eightohm.jpg
    eightohm.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
Nice looking unit - nver seen before.
Could you make also a picture from the illuminated scale? Would be nice to see. Looks a bit familiar to some older Sansuis as 210, 300 etc.

Here are a couple of pictures of the illuminated scale for the Panasonic RE-7700.

Thanks for the info everybody! :music:
 

Attachments

  • PanasonicRE7700scale2_small.jpg
    PanasonicRE7700scale2_small.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 86
  • PanasonicRE7700scale_small.jpg
    PanasonicRE7700scale_small.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 70
ten years later... do you still have this unit? I recently picked one up and have a small issue with the source selector switch, in that some wires have come disconnected and all i need is to know where to reconnect them. this seems to be one of the very very few places that the re-7700 has been talked about on the internet lol.
 
Back
Top Bottom