• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Micro mike labs still in business?

uenjoymyself

Surrender to the flow
Hello all, was wondering if anyone has done business with Mr. Bill Hayes at micro mike labs in the past year or so. I sent Bill my Altec g3000 tweeters a year ago and he still hasn't gotten to them. He told me there was a wait, but a year? Just wondering if I should be worried.
 
Register to hide this ad
A year? I think I would be calling....

Lucy you got some splaining to do......

Seriously I would be asking for an update.

Regards
Mister Pig
 
A year? I think I would be calling....

Lucy you got some splaining to do......

Seriously I would be asking for an update.

Regards
Mister Pig

LOL yes he has "splained" that he is semi retired as well as being 90 years old! Each time I speak with him he assures me "in the next few months" This has gone on since July '13.

Im not complaining, since Mr Hayes is the only tech with the proper jigs and microphone diaphragms (as well as being a very swell gentleman),however I just have to wonder if he is, in fact, still making repairs (at 90)

ALL MY RESPECT TO MR. BILL HAYES
 
Last edited:
Micromike & Bill Hayes

Hello,
Bill Hayes who turned 91 July 20th recently had a stroke and can't continue to repair microphones or speakers. As you can tell by the comments on this forum, he's been slowing down considerably over the last 5 years. I will be going through all of his inventory of customer equipment and returning the equipment to their owners. It'll take me a while due to my work & family commitments, but my plan is to complete this task by year end.

We do have quite an inventory of spare parts and I'm looking for someone to continue on with restoring the old Altec equipment. I hear good things about Great Plains Audio who might be another source to repair your equipment.

Thanks,
Tim Hayes
 
Back
Top Bottom