Speakerlab K-Horns in Seattle area - deal?

JLange2010

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Found these on CL just now:

http://seattle.craigslist.org/oly/ele/4417800216.html

Always dreamed of these back in college days. I'll probably regret it, but just don't have the energy and space to go after them just now.

If anyone is familiar with current interest and value of these venerable beasts, I'd love to know what you think, good or bad, overpriced or steal.

Saw these this morning. They could be well worth the $200.00 but technically they are not K-Horns as they have no horn.

Well, they do still have the folded bass horn, and that's the hard part of K-horns.
That IS the K-horn.

The K-horn has an easily researched patent that clearly explains what it is. This is how Klipsch was able to sell license for it's production by other companies(Speakerlab, Electo-voice, Vitavox, etc)

Another poster knows not of what he speaks. The EV t-35 tweeter, and Atlas PA midrange driver of the heritage 3-way k-horn were not ever Klipsch designed or manufactured products, and certainly are not part of the K-horn proper.

If those are properly built to scale, and properly joined, they're probably worth 200 each easily(without the mids and tweets).

I'm certain I would not build the folded horns for $200.

Seems like a steal. Depends on what the drivers really are (are those Speakerlab drivers?)

It would be nice if they were the Klipschorn knock off with the horns, but after hearing Klipschorns in person, I may be more interested in these.

You will need a proper room to set the bass units in the corners to get the full effect.

That IS the K-horn.

The K-horn has an easily researched patent that clearly explains what it is. This is how Klipsch was able to sell license for it's production by other companies(Speakerlab, Electo-voice, Vitavox, etc)

Another poster knows not of what he speaks. The EV t-35 tweeter, and Atlas PA midrange driver of the heritage 3-way k-horn were not ever Klipsch designed or manufactured products, and certainly are not part of the K-horn proper.

If those are properly built to scale, and properly joined, they're probably worth 200 each easily(without the mids and tweets).

Hey, lighten up, I'm on your side! :D
I was just saying they ARE Klipsch designed folded horn woofer enclosures.

I agree, they look to be well worth $200.

Back
Top Bottom