• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Pioneer HPM-1500

Register to hide this ad
yes,if you have a line on them get em quick!I owned a pair some yrs ago ,originally I purchased them for around 400.00,I ended up reselling them to a fellow up country for 1300.00,they don't come up often and they really image well,excellent speaker
 
They were at a flea market and I have the contact info. I might have to go back and get them.

I talked to another guy there that said he had a pair of Klipschorns in pretty good shape for $1,000. He said they were missing some of the grill cloth on the side. That sounds like a good deal too but that's more money than I wanted to spend and I think it would be way overkill for my area. Besides I only have one corner.
 
It seems value for these is heavily dependent on having original woofers. If they have been replaced, which is common, I have seen the remaining components fetch about $500, and keep in mind the supertweeters often suffered badly at the hands of children and other inquisitive folks poking and prodding.

True story, I bought a pair once and when I saw them, the supertweeters had obviously been disassembled and incorrectly reassembled with the rings cocked at an angle and the metallized film torn open. I asked what happened, and the owner said "well, I tried to change the lightbulb inside them but I couldnt get them to turn on". He thought they were accent lights.:saywhat:
 
These 1500's have a good following and are harder to find these days. They're really nice sounding speakers. If they are all original, I'd offer $400.00.
 
The 1500s that I looked at was back in April. I didn't buy them because my intuition kept telling me that something was wrong. They may have been perfectly fine but I passed anyway.
 
Back
Top Bottom