• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

SV04F / SV04-F Bias Diode For Sony

sansuilove

Active Member
Hello to you all , A friend has an old Sony STR 2800L that is not working and
asked me to look inside.. As a good friend I did and I saw that the diode D701 (SV04F) that is located on one of the transistors that mounts to the heat sink is disconnected (the wire is cut from the body close to the body) .
Unfortunately , no wire left even no 1mm to solder back the wire.
I am trying to find a replacement.
Can 3 1N4148 in series do the job ? how to locate them eventually on the transistor / heat sink ? Thank you sincerely .
Jean .
 

Attachments

  • un photo de diode.JPG
    un photo de diode.JPG
    76.5 KB · Views: 77
Register to hide this ad
Try filing down the plastic or cutting some off with a knife, to get something to solder to. Then glue the wire to the plastic so that it cannot get pulled off. This part is a major pain since you cannot get it anymore. It's worth some effort to fix it.
 
Thanks John , Baron .
John , I can't seem to find an ABSOLUTE answer about SV04F. I found out the EchoWars
suggested using 3X 1N3595 for SV04. Not F. Does it matter?
 
"Does it Matter"? No I don't think so, to be honest I don't know what the 'F' stands for.

The spec' of the SV04 is Vf=3.0V @ If=70mA, Ir=10µA Max @100V Max, If=100mA Max.

Which looks like any small signal silicon diode - except for the forward voltage drop.

Providing you can satisfy the fwd voltage drop requirement and the max current & max voltage ratings are ok, you are good to go. The only other issue is 'mounting' - these 3 diodes should all be in close thermal contact and able to be mounted in the same style as the originals.
 
Maybe my english is not so much good , but I can't understand what they mean with :

"For replacement use semiconductors except it ( ) "

What do they components in ( ) represent and for example for Q706,Q756 - why there are 2 part numbers : 2sa684 (2sa777)

:scratch2:
 

Attachments

  • Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 71
Back
Top Bottom