marantz 2325 reciever opinions needed

johnp66

I don't know much about vintage stuff but i have the chance to buy one of these off the original owner for 950.00 should I do it??

Is it all original? Is it functional? Solid equipment, mine is currently driving a set of L110s and 2ax together nicely. I haven't taken it over 12 o'clock, but there is still plenty of room! Well, maybe 1:00, but no higher honest.:D

Hmmm...sounds a tad high for a local sale to me. :scratch2: If it's in absolutely pristine cosmetic condition, maybe. Better still if it has all original boxes, Styro packing and paperwork.

If it's all original it's quite a few Ben Franklins too high. If it's been completely restored by a competent tech it's still top dollar. I wouldn't even consider it for that price.

Ultimately your decision but as others have stated it seems a bit high.
Its a quality piece though. I guess it depends how bad you want it and how available another one might be in your area.

The price does seem high for it. For that money it should be pristine and fully gone through. I own both a 2325 and a 2285B and I would have you spend your money on a nice 2285B if you can find one. While not as powerful as the 2325 it sounds better.

Last edited:
I don't know much about vintage stuff but i have the chance to buy one of these off the original owner for 950.00 should I do it??

No!!

Its apparent this person has been online, and seen the crazy prices some of the equipment has been going for. Fifty bucks shy of a grand is hardly an opportunity.

Back
Top Bottom