Hello from British Columbia

gob243

Just wanted to say hi, I have been reading on this site for awhile now and joined a few weeks ago,
I am impressed that so many people are involved with what I would call real audio equipment from yesteryear.
My main stereo is a NAD system I bought in 1979, 3180 amp, 6100 servo control tape deck and 4030 tuner with a Dual 510 bought in '72 running into a set of "new advent loudspeakers".
I rebuilt the Advents this year, Nad stuff has never had the covers off, best purchase I have ever made.
Second to that is an Electrohome Kalmar console, which also has a very impressive sound.
I know neither is the perfect system, but I am not a perfect person, in fact I would have no problem admitting I made a mistake once.
looking forward to being part of this group.
Thanks, Gerry

Welcome Gerry from another Canuck. The winters are long up here so we need our tunes. It sounds like you have a nice system.

Aloha, Gerry! Welcome to AK, the best forum on the planet :thmbsp:

I don't know much about your Electrohome gear. Would be nice to see photos. Otherwise you have some good schtuff there.

We're going to take an Alaskan cruise next June and will visit BC. Never been there before. Should be a great experience!

Welcome Gerry!! Glad your with us.

I recently joined myself after checking out the site a lot, I really should visit more, I can always find great information regarding a current audio project, what a fantastic group of people here. Quality audio bonds well. All the best from Minnesota.

Welcome

Nice to see another BCer around the forums.
I've got an Electrahome Planar SR-2100 that just rocks, they made a couple great receivers before they went downhill. Units have a shade of Marantz/Pioneer quality about them. They can push any speaker to it's Max.

I want to say thank you for all of the welcome messages and comments, it feels great to be welcomed to the group like this.
Thank you very much
Gerry

Back
Top Bottom