Mcintosh LS 340 vs LS 360 speakers

KingRT

Are the LS 360 Mc speakers worth the extra $$ over the LS 340 speakers?

Does anyone have either of these speakers that can post an opinion.

Thanks for your time.

I have listened to both and I prefer the LS360 over the LS340, but then I have a bigger room and I want to be able to hear/feel the music a little more..

Go and listen and then shop... your wallet and ear will direct you..

I had the LS360 until I changed for the XRT28. The LS360 are great speakers, lots of bass. Very solid and good looking. They are great speakers.

I've been seeing alot of the LS340 and LS360 on sale lately. You can get a good buy on these speakers now that the XLS series are out. How would you describe the sound of the LS360? Is that tweeter array just a gimmick? I don't mean any discrespect, just wondering what qualities it adds.

I had a martin Logan ReQuest before the LS360. And the tweeter sounded so go and clear (and as you may know that is the best quality of electrostatic, crappy bass but heavenly good and transparent mid and highs.
The LS360 performed better. Good soundstage and clarity without harshness.

There is a pair on audiogon. Also you may want to see if audioclassics can get you some. They have the LS340 for 1500.00! I'd pay about 3k for the LS360. L&M Custom Electronic in AZ had a pair for sale as well. I love mine. I had always been a B&W fan until I heard them. I prefered the tweeter in the LS360 over the orginal B&W N802.

Back
Top Bottom