Electronics for Harbeth 30.1 monitors

BROOKLYN

I will be getting Harbeth 30.1s in the near future and I would appreciate suggestions for electronics that might have a synergy with these speakers. Thank you.

You are liable to get quite a few suggestions here, but I will give you a quick list of ones that I have heard with Harbeth in general, but not necessarily with just 30.1's, as each model does have some differences.

Croft Acoustics-hybrid, Leben-tube, Line Magnetic-tube, Exposure-ss, LFD-ss, Sonneteer-ss, Naim-ss.

Just a start on the amplification side, and some of these also sell CD players and DAC's that work well too. Hopefully you can listen to what you are interested in along with the Harbeths prior to buying! Have fun and enjoy the trip, most of all, enjoy the music.

PS-agree with post above on the modern area.

Agree with all of TimF's suggestions, all of which are pretty well known to be synergistic with Harbeth speakers. I'd also add Lavardin, current Luxman and Pass Labs to your short list of amps to audition with the 30.1.

Between all these brands, it all boils down to personal preferences, listening room, associated gear, etc...

You are liable to get quite a few suggestions here, but I will give you a quick list of ones that I have heard with Harbeth in general, but not necessarily with just 30.1's, as each model does have some differences.

Croft Acoustics-hybrid, Leben-tube, Line Magnetic-tube, Exposure-ss, LFD-ss, Sonneteer-ss, Naim-ss.

Just a start on the amplification side, and some of these also sell CD players and DAC's that work well too. Hopefully you can listen to what you are interested in along with the Harbeths prior to buying! Have fun and enjoy the trip, most of all, enjoy the music.

PS-agree with post above on the modern area.

Sonneteer, Lavardin, Luxman, Sugden and LFD, just to name a solid state amps. Leben, Line Magnetic and MasterSound for tube amps. All should be very good with the 30.1...great speaker BTW.

If it were me, since we're talking new I'd start with Luxman and Leben and see where that takes me.

I've got a Naim XS and a home made SET amp/tube pre and prefer the SET with my M30s. Cleaner sounding and more open, airy highs.

I recently heard the Harbeth with a Luxman L-505ux and it was a great combo. I was at the place to demo different gear but I spent a long time listening to this combo because it sounded so nice.

Back
Top Bottom