Fall New England FrankenFest time - Saturday October 17th - Spread the word!

w1jim

I can fix it but good...
Subscriber
New England Fall FrankenFest Saturday October 17th in Clinton MA

Here we go again - Fall GTG time at our customary location at Franks shop

55 Sterling Street
Clinton Ma 01510

Just over the railroad tracks.

I'd like to encourage everyone who's coming to put a link to this post in their signature line - spread the word.

We as usual, need to be careful about parking - we don't want to use the lot across the street but we can park in front (as usual) and there is a lot around back on Parker Street (see map).

We'll start around 11AM and go until around 5-6 PM.

These events run smoothly with people taking more responsibility for bringing food and cleaning up afterwards.
Let's keep that up!

The swap / sell / freebie tables will be a given as usual and people can bring their favorite toys and systems to set up.
No charges or fees for anyone to buy, sell, or display - we do it for the love. :banana:.

As usual, we're not sure at this time what space will be available to us - I'll try to give Frank a call or he can post here as the time approaches.

Just take your unsold treasure home with you, don't load up Frank's dumpster.

Please spread the word to anyone and everyone in the New England area to attend - AK involvement isn't a requirement, although typically a given.

All that is required is an obsessive interest in all things audio - that's our common bond.

As per AK rules, please don't post your for sale items here - I'll create a separate thread on Barter Town for the use of our subscribers.

Here's the link to the Barter Town thread:

http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=676890

attachment.php

Last edited:
Looking forward to it! See you all then.
Probably bring some tube gear this time to demo. The LK-72 and the KLH Six's, or possibly the Twenty Three's if the resto is done.

Glenn

The new date for the Frankenfest coincides with the second day of NEAR-Fest, but I'll try to at least make a showing. Not sure if I'll be able to bring any stereo equipment, but perhaps I'll set up the Farfisa for an impromptu live performance if there's enough demand... ;)
-Adam

See you all there!
I'm bringing some goodies!

Frank, will we have access to the "pink room" or the other upstairs listening room or one of the offices downstairs?

See you all there!
I'm bringing some goodies!

Frank, will we have access to the "pink room" or the other upstairs listening room or one of the offices downstairs?

As of now, yes. Same room upstairs as last fest. I'll try to get permission to use the unoccupied half of the big room we've been using for trading/selling but prospects are dismal. Dunno, people are just weird.

Anyway, be nice to see all of you :)

fcc

Last edited:
I'd love to come 5 hours from Montreal?.. Any one from Montreal Quebec want to share the ride ?..

As of now, yes. Same room upstairs as last fest. I'll try to get permission to use the unoccupied half of the big room we've been using for trading/selling but prospects are dismal. Dunno, people are just weird.

Anyway, be nice to see all of you :)

fcc

Thanks Frank! Good to know, and looking forward to seeing you!

Also listed some stuff in the BT thread.

Glenn

Traditionally, the upstairs or separate space has been used for showcasing some nice/rare gear. Been thinking it might be nice to maybe change it up a bit and maybe showcase some music instead. I don't know if others have thoughts on this or not. :tresbon: or:boring:?

Traditionally, the upstairs or separate space has been used for showcasing some nice/rare gear. Been thinking it might be nice to maybe change it up a bit and maybe showcase some music instead. I don't know if others have thoughts on this or not. :tresbon: or:boring:?

How about showcasing some of that music on the Rare or lesser seen Gear? :) I've been trying to get some stuff up in that space for the past few fests. No luck. Hopefully I can come through with some UN-common gear that is Less often seen locally for this one.

How about showcasing some of that music on the Rare or lesser seen Gear? :) I've been trying to get some stuff up in that space for the past few fests. No luck. Hopefully I can come through with some UN-common gear that is Less often seen locally for this one.

That would be great. Biggest problem I have seen with the separate room is everyone's urge to keep on shutting the music off to change things around. However, I do love hearing how things make the music sound different. It is worthwhile. Yet, I would love to try something like comparing a rock opera like Tommy or Quadrophenia to something like Husker Du's Zen Arcade.
My only fear is that the room would be mostly empty.:sadwave:
Just something to think on.

I am threatening to bring Mae West's almost good, "Way out West"!

In the upstairs room, bring a table and set up a second system there, like on that bench in the middle and facing the door. Then tag-team playing times. Loud does not always equal good Just my $0.02.

Last edited:
I like the idea of playing different music on a couple systems.

Would demonstrate how gear/speaker combinations can drastically change the sound of the music.

Glenn

Back
Top Bottom