The Fisher Model-50

2weelchpprpilot

Keepin on
:wave: I purchased a Hi-Fi/Stereo console last nite (see todays Dollars and Sense Forum--Should I or....). At first I thought it was a 50's model Magnavox with a Fisher tuner/amp and Garrard record changer. After rereading the paperwork that came with it I see the Magnavox reference is to a television that was serviced, and the 1951 typed letter is in reference to a Webster-Chicago record changer model 356. Obviously, that takes nothing away from my delight in obtaining this gorgeous peice of work. I would just like to know if there are any sites for Fisher enthusiasts similar to Sansui.us for Sansui enthusiasts. I'm just looking to familiarize myself with this model and learn what model year it was manufactured, specifications, etc. If anyone knows of such a site please let me know.

Thanks, radioactive, my freinds call me 2weel for short. Verrry coool ads. My outfit is a floor model cabinet type. It's 52Wx31hx18.5d and weighs about 80lbs. I haven't gotten inside it yet, I'm still sore from moving it around yesterday.

2weelchpprpilot said:
Thanks, radioactive, my freinds call me 2weel for short. Verrry coool ads. My outfit is a floor model cabinet type. It's 52Wx31hx18.5d and weighs about 80lbs. I haven't gotten inside it yet, I'm still sore from moving it around yesterday.
Sounds a little like mine. I just picked up a Fisher "Ambassador" console last month (well, actually I got the guy to deliver it to me), and man, this thing is beautiful. I have some pics of it about halfway down in this thread.

Here are a few Fisher console ads from Kim's Vintage Ads:
http://cgi.ebay.com/1962-Fisher-Statesman-III-3-Stereo-Console-Print-Ad_W0QQitemZ6609268682
and
http://cgi.ebay.com/1963-Fisher-Lowboy-Highbrow-Diplomat-Stereo-Console-Ad_W0QQitemZ6618469714

Oh, and by the way, :worthless

Yes, good idea with the vintage ads, although I know more about the cabinet style than the innards. I'm not a bettin' man, however if I had to guess, I'd say mine is probably a few years older(3-5) than the contemporary model. BTW the model name is 'Futura' and this is the serial# 10692A. I would like to get some pics out, but you know us cavemen, all we know is how to start fires and club our women on their noggins.

Back
Top Bottom