1967 fisher custom electra

fir.na.tine

I recently came into the posession of a Fisher custom electra. the sales ticket states it was purchased in January of 1968. It is in EXCELLENT shape. very minimal damage to the cabinet, all lights/dials/switches operational, ORIGINAL speaker fabric, once again in excellent shape. Plays music excellently. Whats this worth?

Not much...

People don't really go for the solid state Fisher consoles. Many appear on EBAY and 99% of them do not sell...even when listed for $9.99 with no reserve.

The possible exception would be a SS President model...but considering they were so much money when new, very few were sold.

Whats funny is that I have seen them for so much more - there's currently one listed on a sales site for 2500$. But who knows - I take peoples opinions here more honestly than something that has a price tag on it. I have seen similar for 400-500 but unknown brands of components were inside. OH well - it sounds nice and looks good in the house and that is all that matters to me.

Not sure but the Fisher SS consoles came in many flavors. I gave the folks 1 that had what was a 500T receiver with an Ampex bi-directional (autoreverse) deck and had a Dual changer. Not sure of teh speaker complement but the unti weighed a ton. We had to move it up 6 floors in an old building that did not have an elevator. Sound was excellent. They used it for deveral years before selling the apartment building and gave it to the new owner when the moving men all but refused to carry it down the stairs.

Hey Brain,

I saw that you paged me on AA a few weeks ago about a knob. Email me off list and we can chat about your 600-T.

Fisher did make quite a few SS consoles...but they started to cheapen them buy the mid to late sixties. I think towards the end of the Avery era the last President model (TOTL) was based around a receiver...when in the tube era they were based around the most expensive seperates the company made.

The first President SS amps pop up on EBAY from time to time...they are hybrid designs with transistor output stages and what appears to be tube driver stages. I could be wrong...the tubes may be phono preamps, as I have never bothered to buy one to play around with as of yet. The 1964 console catalog makes a big deal about how transistors are not yet "superior in all applications to vacuum tubes" so therefore the designs have not yet gone 100%.

I have a Custom Electra from 1955 which is a tube radio. You can see it pictured here . Not sure how much it is worth but probably more than $9.99. What does yours look like?

that is a beautiful piece. unfortunatly I have no pictures of mine yet. It has the 1010 turntable and is truly all ss. But as I said the sound is excellent and It looks great in my foyer. (It distracts from the fact I have not put the trim back up from installing hardwood floors) :music:

Aw heck! I thought you said Carmen Electra!

carmen-electra.jpg

TRUST ME. IF IT WERE CARMEN ELECTRA I WOULD BE FAR TOO BUSY TO TYPE. There is an ad for sale on ebay that shows it (sort of) - item# 6615880832 - the cabinet I have is much more simple, and I believe it's walnut if I'm not mistaken.

Pictures

I keep meaning to post a picture but never get around to it. When you work for a fire department, the days seem to run together.

fir.na.tine said:
I keep meaning to post a picture but never get around to it. When you work for a fire department, the days seem to run together.
That's OK. The one of Carmen Electra works just as well for me.

Back
Top Bottom