Fisher 222 Am / Fm Receiver

mrgates3

Road to Ruin
Hi all :) , I was wondering if anyone has any information about this receiver .
When it was sold new , how many watts per channel ect . I picked it up in great cosmetic condition for $ 6.00 , there is no audio from the amp section
due to one or more bad wirewound resistors . But it looks nice enough to play around with to see if I can repair it . Thanks for any information you have to give :)

Have a nice day

mrgates3

This is very strange , I have looked all over the internet and EBay for a manual for this Fisher 222 . Of all the Audio Equipment I have owned or have found , I have been able to at least find something about on the net :( Oh well maybe something will turn up . The closest Fisher on Ebay that looks like it is a 190B but its still different in most respects . If anyone here thinks some pictures would help I will post them ....

Update , I replaced the parts I knew to be defective and replaced the fuses , hit the on switch and more smoke from the same parts I replaced , the fuses lasted just long enough to see a small wisp . Anyway its probably in the power transistors they are located on the same board . The funny thing is I can hear the Radio thru headphone plugged into the record out jack on the front . Go figure :) I guess it will make a nice Blue Light Display even if it wont speak LOL

Well this little receiver has found new life . The Selector Switch and panel light board on my 9090DB is shot . No lights , and no sound . I dont know the problem , there was a wisp of smoke from that section and then nothing :( . So untill I can replace it , I have removed the Jumpers from the Fisher and the Sansui and the Fisher is now the preamp / tuner and the Sansui is the power amp . To tell the truth it sounds very very good this way :) I just wish I could find out SOMETHING about this 222 .

Orion Bluebook on Fisher 222 Receiver

FISHER 222 Receiver

Description:

Manufacture Years: 1974 - 1978

Additional Information:
Power: 17

Retail
MSRP: $261.00
USED: $32.00
Wholesale
Mint: $18.00
Average: $11.00

Thank You eThink for the information , Even if the amp section is toast it has made
a great preamp tuner combo !

Fisher 202 Futura Receiver

I just acquired a Fisher Future 202 receiver that was manufactured in the 1970 - 73 timeframe.

I acquired this unit because it was the first real piece of audio gear that I ever owned. I purchase this unit in Fall 1972 when I was in college. I traded it away for a h/k 930 receiver in Fall of 1973. I still have the h/k 930 receiver as well as the KLH 17 speakers and Philips GA-212 TT that I used with the Fisher 202 receiver. This gear brings back fond memories of college life.

The 202 is a 2nd genration solid state receiver that has much of the build quality of Fisher's classic tube audio product. One of the noteworth qualities of the receiver is the FM tuner section which is quite good, especially when connected to a good antenna. This was a transition period for the Fisher brand which was sold to Emerson Electric in 1971.

Here are the specs on the Fisher 202 receiver:

- 25W per channel at 25Hz-20kHz into 8ohms, 0.8% THD.
- 40W per channel music power.
- AUX1 (CD), AUX2, TAPE, PHONO, TUNER
- Needle-type signal strength indicator for tuner
- 15-11/32"W, 4-3/8"H, 14-1/4"D, 18-1/2lbs.

Black steel cover, silver aluminum face, and black dial with blue backlit numbers and selector position indicators. List price was approximately $250. Converting into 2006 dollars, the list price would be between $750 and $1000! :scratch2:

Attachments

• Futura-202-7.jpg
    Futura-202-7.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 237
These Fishers are still under the radar. Very good built and engineering but some of the lowest watts per dollar as the trade off.

Fisher 222

The Fisher 222 shows up in the Stereo Review's Stereo Directory & Buying Guide 1975. The 222 was part of the Studio Standard Line and along with the 122 were the only two channel stereo receivers Fisher sold that year. Fisher had nine quadraphonic receivers in 1975. One can clearly see where the emphasis was.

Both the 122 and 222 featured a signal-strength meter; loudness contour button for bass and treble boost; “Stereobeacon” FM stereo indicator; FM response was specified at 20-20,000 Hz. +/- 2dB; stereo separation 35dB; THD & IM 1% at rated power. The 222 boasted 17 W rms/ch into 8 ohms with both channels driven; FM sensitivity 2 uV; center-of-channel meter; magnetic phono inputs; two tape inputs; front panel tape output; ganged bass & treble controls; etc. List price $249.95. From what I can see of the small picture it looks like a pretty attractive unit.

I received a Fisher 222 as a graduation gift in 1976. I still have it and the manual and use it every day. For such a low power receiver it sounds great and has nice features.

I have a chance to get a Fisher CA-273 ..... Is that model any good ???

Do any of you know the wattage on that one ??? ......

Back
Top Bottom